Re: [30meterPSKGroup] PropNet and SSB

  • Bill Carney
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 4, 2007
      Hi Jerry and tnx for the info....

      I was still hearing the USB chatter also around that time plus believe it or not some cw but it was not in english..Hi

      Beautiful day in Christchurch after a miserable cold and rainy Saturday.... Today its sunny and 50Fat the moment....so will get out for abit and let the sun hit the face.

      Will be on 10.140 +2000hz from 0330Z onwards for awhile...Maybe we will get lucky today with you.

      73 de Bill ZL3NB

      From: "Bill Carney" <ZL3NB@.... nz>
      To: <30meterPSKGroup@ yahoogroups. com>
      Subject: [30meterPSKGroup] PropNet and SSB
      Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2007 01:56:15 +0000

      > HI All
      >
      > Enjoyed reading the group emails today....
      >
      > Yes conditions are trying at the moment but being a optimist towards such
      > things...give it another month or so and the band should start rocking.
      >
      > These PropNet Beacons seem to be everywhere.. ..Can someone tell us where is a
      > safe spot to operate from...i.e.10. 140 +1500 or 2000? We can not hear all of
      > them here so need to rely on you guys pointing us to open pastures.
      >
      > The slot between 0400 to 0500Z from ZL definitely favors the long path to
      > Europe....OE6MDF and OE6EPW have beautiful signals here on Thursday. It was
      > interesting to note that the other night the band was Nil and there was WB2JEP
      > propnet beacon 579 into here at 0330Z...amazing. So the other problem too is
      > that the majority of USA stations are in Bed after 0300Z during the work week.
      >
      > Now another interesting saga has started....There are a group of "Asian" (I
      > think) SSB signals right on 10.140 during the day now.....I don't speak the
      > lingo but have a funny feeling owning to the time of day (Broad daylight and at
      > Sunset Time) They might be Fishing Trawlers operating in the South Pacific but
      > can only guess. Having said that 30 Meters is a "Shared" band but why there all
      > of a sudden as it just compacts the frustration dealing with a local noise
      > problem sitting on 10.140 also....Hi
      >
      > Can anyone elsewhere hear them? (USB) Maybe some of the other VK/ZL's can
      > comment on it.
      >
      > Time now is 0155Z or 1:55PM Sunday....apart from the EMI on 10.140 there are
      > also those Asians chatting away too on USB.
      >
      > 73 and CU all on the waterfall.
      >
      > De Bill ZL3NB

      Checked by AVG Free Edition.
    • kc0hln@mchsi.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 4, 2007
        OK Bill: I usually do have my dial at 10.140 then with the program move my
        arrow and most of the time when i'm monitoring i sit at +1500 so i can spot
        signals up or dn quit a ways oops just heard a different sound now got
        tofigure out what it was i know it not rtty i use that a lot to so know what
        it sounds like will be listening at least till 0400Z fingers are crossed cul