Re: [30meterPSKGroup] PropNet and SSB

  • kc0hln@mchsi.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 4, 2007
      Hi Bill: Funny u should mention that abt the voices as i was in a contact
      with KE5CO Paul abt 5 min ago and i could hear voices too unreadable but
      could tell there was someone in there talking right now its 0220Z xyl is
      walking the dog around the block then i am going to be listening for ya at
      least till 0400Z (if i don't fall asleep) Hope to hear ya 73 de kc0hln

      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 4, 2007
        Hi Jerry and tnx for the info....

        I was still hearing the USB chatter also around that time plus believe it or not some cw but it was not in english..Hi

        Beautiful day in Christchurch after a miserable cold and rainy Saturday.... Today its sunny and 50Fat the moment....so will get out for abit and let the sun hit the face.

        Will be on 10.140 +2000hz from 0330Z onwards for awhile...Maybe we will get lucky today with you.

        73 de Bill ZL3NB

        > Enjoyed reading the group emails today....
        >
        > Yes conditions are trying at the moment but being a optimist towards such
        > things...give it another month or so and the band should start rocking.
        >
        > These PropNet Beacons seem to be everywhere.. ..Can someone tell us where is a
        > safe spot to operate from...i.e.10. 140 +1500 or 2000? We can not hear all of
        > them here so need to rely on you guys pointing us to open pastures.
        >
        > The slot between 0400 to 0500Z from ZL definitely favors the long path to
        > Europe....OE6MDF and OE6EPW have beautiful signals here on Thursday. It was
        > interesting to note that the other night the band was Nil and there was WB2JEP
        > propnet beacon 579 into here at 0330Z...amazing. So the other problem too is
        > that the majority of USA stations are in Bed after 0300Z during the work week.
        >
        > Now another interesting saga has started....There are a group of "Asian" (I
        > think) SSB signals right on 10.140 during the day now.....I don't speak the
        > lingo but have a funny feeling owning to the time of day (Broad daylight and at
        > Sunset Time) They might be Fishing Trawlers operating in the South Pacific but
        > can only guess. Having said that 30 Meters is a "Shared" band but why there all
        > of a sudden as it just compacts the frustration dealing with a local noise
        > problem sitting on 10.140 also....Hi
        >
        > Can anyone elsewhere hear them? (USB) Maybe some of the other VK/ZL's can
        > comment on it.
        >
        > Time now is 0155Z or 1:55PM Sunday....apart from the EMI on 10.140 there are
        > also those Asians chatting away too on USB.
        >
        > 73 and CU all on the waterfall.
        >
        > De Bill ZL3NB

        Checked by AVG Free Edition.
      • kc0hln@mchsi.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 4, 2007
          OK Bill: I usually do have my dial at 10.140 then with the program move my
          arrow and most of the time when i'm monitoring i sit at +1500 so i can spot
          signals up or dn quit a ways oops just heard a different sound now got
          tofigure out what it was i know it not rtty i use that a lot to so know what
          it sounds like will be listening at least till 0400Z fingers are crossed cul