MORE TO FOLLOW

  • Jerry
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 4, 2007
      SQ9CXH SQ9CXH SQ9CXH K
      DX t2éE IK2XZE
      G7OGX PSE K
      WOW DON'T KNOW IF IT IS JUST HERE IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD OR EVERYWHERE
      BUT BOY I GOT A BIG NOISE FROM SOMEWHERE ALL OF A SUDDEN
    • KI4ITV
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 4, 2007
        --- In 30meterPSKGroup@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry" <kc0hln@...> wrote:
        <snip>
        > WOW DON'T KNOW IF IT IS JUST HERE IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD OR EVERYWHERE
        > BUT BOY I GOT A BIG NOISE FROM SOMEWHERE ALL OF A SUDDEN

        Jerry, did that big noise sound like a cartoon motor? Like you
        cliched your teeth together and blew air between your lips? I had a
        big noise here that occupied OVER 25kc (from about 10300 to
        10550)---very obnoxious and I went around the house cutting things
        off. It was still going on after my adventure and finally just quit
        while I was sitting at my control point wondering what to do next.
        Very strong---and not good.
        Anybody else notice this bandkiller???
        I had just got back home and hooked up the antennas and moved some
        things around, so it was poor timing for me- too many variables. I
        really thought I had a personal problem going on.

        Anybody else?
        73,
        Trey
        ki4itv
      • n9wys
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 4, 2007
          Could that mode possibly be MT63?? It occupies 1 kHz bandwidth. I have a
          soundbite of the mode for comparison - just let me where to upload it. (I
          tried to send it as an attachment to this message 0- in Case THIS list
          allows file attachments.

          Mark - N9WYS

          > WOW DON'T KNOW IF IT IS JUST HERE IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD OR EVERYWHERE
          > BUT BOY I GOT A BIG NOISE FROM SOMEWHERE ALL OF A SUDDEN

          Jerry, did that big noise sound like a cartoon motor? Like you
          cliched your teeth together and blew air between your lips? I had a
          big noise here that occupied OVER 25kc (from about 10300 to
          10550)---very obnoxious and I went around the house cutting things
          off. It was still going on after my adventure and finally just quit
          while I was sitting at my control point wondering what to do next.
          Very strong---and not good.
          Anybody else notice this bandkiller???
          I had just got back home and hooked up the antennas and moved some
          things around, so it was poor timing for me- too many variables. I
          really thought I had a personal problem going on.

          Anybody else?
          73,
          Trey
          ki4itv

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • kc0hln@mchsi.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 4, 2007
            GE Mark: I know it was not MT63 we use that mode in the iowa mars system and i
            do know what that sounds like I cq'd with a few diff modes i believe it was
            dominoEX at least thats what it sounded like to me thanks for ur input de
            kc0hln

            > Could that mode possibly be MT63?? It occupies 1 kHz bandwidth. I have a
            > soundbite of the mode for comparison - just let me where to upload it. (I
            > tried to send it as an attachment to this message 0- in Case THIS list
            > allows file attachments.
            >
            > Mark - N9WYS

          • Bill Carney
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 4, 2007
              Sounds like FSK441....A few of us ZL's have used it on 10Meter Metero Scatter with success....

              73 de BIll ZL3NB

              > Could that mode possibly be MT63?? It occupies 1 kHz bandwidth. I have a
              > soundbite of the mode for comparison - just let me where to upload it. (I
              > tried to send it as an attachment to this message 0- in Case THIS list
              > allows file attachments.
              >
              > Mark - N9WYS

              Checked by AVG Free Edition.
            • kc0hln@mchsi.com
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 4, 2007
                Hi Trey welcome home ya thats what the earlier noise was that killed
                everything aroun10.130 to abt 10.150 here Maybe somebody put in a bad light
                bulb cu on the band trey 73

              • kc0hln@mchsi.com
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 4, 2007
                  Bill i have made a few contacts using JT65A on the HF bands even here on
                  10.138 that is reall good for weak signals. I better pay close attentiion to
                  the rig its time i should be hearing u 73 gl de kc0hln

                  > Sounds like FSK441....A few of us ZL's have used it on 10Meter Metero Scatter
                  > with success....
                  >
                  > 73 de BIll ZL3NB

                • Bill Carney
                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 4, 2007
                    Food for thought to try other modes too someday...I been calling cq on just below +1500hz and nothing. Did see Yuri RA6AV calling cq with big signal but he is not hearing me at this time...

                    Will keep sending cq for a while and see what pops up, ironcially that EMI crap I get on 10.140 is off at the moment so can hear or is it see in the digital world

                    Im sending right now

                    73 de Bill ZL3NB

                    Bill i have made a few contacts using JT65A on the HF bands even here on
                    10.138 that is reall good for weak signals. I better pay close attentiion to
                    the rig its time i should be hearing u 73 gl de kc0hln

                    > Sounds like FSK441....A few of us ZL's have used it on 10Meter Metero Scatter
                    > with success....
                    >
                    > 73 de BIll ZL3NB

                    Checked by AVG Free Edition.