Re: [30meterPSKGroup] CW in the 30MDG awards

  • Dáithí
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 8, 2008
      Which award are you talking about?

      As far as I'm aware, Morse is acceptable for all awards - and, in fact, for the WISE award, EI and EJ entries are ONLY accepted if done in Morse (EI regulations only permit Morse operations on 30)

      73 de Daithi, GI7OMY

      On 08/11/2008 12:41:29, Andrew O'Brien (andrewobrie@...) wrote:
      would like CW to be eligible for the award too.

      > Andy
      k3UK

      href="mailto:bruno.beckers@...">bruno.beckers@...> wrote:

      > >   Hi all,

      Probably because I'm new in this group or maybe because I didn't look
      > > well enough but I can't find any information about when CW is OK for
      > > certain award and when not.
      > > For some awards CW is
      accepted as a digital mode and for others not.

      > > Can
      somebody who has a clear view on this explain it to me please?

      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 8, 2008
        Hi Bruno, Andy and all,

        As far as I know CW 30m contacts already are accepted for any and all
        30MDG Awards. I will check with John OE3JPK (Ultimate30 creator) and
        with Rob ZL3RG on this one but I know in the past I have been sent
        manual logs with CW only contacts on 30m and have issued the
        awards...same with 300-30 or WAC from the U30 logs I have seen CW
        contacts included. So at this time I do believe CW is counted but
        again I will check for sure and post back here to the group.

        Our intention and goal again is to promote digital activity and the
        awareness of the 30 Meter Band...this sure would include CW.

        Thanks
        Don kb9umt 30MDG#0001
        note: one one of our last 30 Meter QRP Weekends I had a number of QRP
        CW only ops email me direct saying they would join in when I was
        sending out emails to other groups and individuals to join in with
        us..we DO include CW only ops too here (of course also hoping they
        might try some other digital modes along the way with us)

        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 8, 2008
          Okay folks straight from the U30 creator/programmer and 30MDG member
          John OE3JPK:

          *********

          "Hi Don,

          Not sure on CW question...It might be a misunderstanding!

          Be sure - CW is definitivly allowed for ALL awards!
          U30 counts CW for all awards too!
          (When CW does not count for our awards - I must put U30 into the trash
          can... !!)

          CW only logs are qualified for all awards also!!!

          I hope this answer is satisfying you!?

          best 73 de JOHN, OE3JPK

          *********

          --- In 30meterPSKGroup@yahoogroups.com, "Don" <dhobson123@...> wrote:

          > Hi Bruno, Andy and all,
          >
          > As far as I know CW 30m contacts already are accepted for any and all
          > 30MDG Awards. I will check with John OE3JPK (Ultimate30 creator) and
          > with Rob ZL3RG on this one but I know in the past I have been sent
          > manual logs with CW only contacts on 30m and have issued the
          > awards...same with 300-30 or WAC from the U30 logs I have seen CW
          > contacts included. So at this time I do believe CW is counted but
          > again I will check for sure and post back here to the group.
          >
          > Our intention and goal again is to promote digital activity and the
          > awareness of the 30 Meter Band...this sure would include CW.
          >
          > Thanks
          > Don kb9umt 30MDG#0001
          > note: one one of our last 30 Meter QRP Weekends I had a number of QRP
          > CW only ops email me direct saying they would join in when I was
          > sending out emails to other groups and individuals to join in with
          > us..we DO include CW only ops too here (of course also hoping they
          > might try some other digital modes along the way with us)
          >
          > --- In 30meterPSKGroup@yahoogroups.com, Dáithí <gi7omy@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Which award are you talking about?
          > >
          > > As far as I'm aware, Morse is acceptable for all awards - and, in
          > fact, for the WISE award, EI and EJ entries are ONLY accepted if done
          > in Morse (EI regulations only permit Morse operations on 30)
          > >
          > > 73 de Daithi, GI7OMY
          > >
          > > On 08/11/2008 12:41:29, Andrew O'Brien (andrewobrie@) wrote:
          > > > I would like CW to be eligible for the award too.
          > > >
          > > > Andy k3UK

          > look
          > for a

        • on6ab
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 8, 2008
            --- In 30meterPSKGroup@yahoogroups.com, "Don" <dhobson123@...> wrote:

            > Okay folks straight from the U30 creator/programmer and 30MDG member
            > John OE3JPK:
            >
            > *********
            >
            > "Hi Don,
            >
            > Not sure on CW question...It might be a misunderstanding!
            >
            > Be sure - CW is definitivly allowed for ALL awards!
            > U30 counts CW for all awards too!
            > (When CW does not count for our awards - I must put U30 into the trash
            > can... !!)
            >
            > CW only logs are qualified for all awards also!!!
            >
            > I hope this answer is satisfying you!?
            >
            > best 73 de JOHN, OE3JPK
            >

            > *********
            >
            > --- In 30meterPSKGroup@yahoogroups.com, "Don" <dhobson123@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi Bruno, Andy and all,
            > >
            > > As far as I know CW 30m contacts already are accepted for any and all
            > > 30MDG Awards. I will check with John OE3JPK (Ultimate30 creator) and
            > > with Rob ZL3RG on this one but I know in the past I have been sent
            > > manual logs with CW only contacts on 30m and have issued the
            > > awards...same with 300-30 or WAC from the U30 logs I have seen CW
            > > contacts included. So at this time I do believe CW is counted but
            > > again I will check for sure and post back here to the group.
            > >
            > > Our intention and goal again is to promote digital activity and the
            > > awareness of the 30 Meter Band...this sure would include CW.
            > >
            > > Thanks
            > > Don kb9umt 30MDG#0001
            > > note: one one of our last 30 Meter QRP Weekends I had a number of QRP
            > > CW only ops email me direct saying they would join in when I was
            > > sending out emails to other groups and individuals to join in with
            > > us..we DO include CW only ops too here (of course also hoping they
            > > might try some other digital modes along the way with us)
            > >
            > > --- In 30meterPSKGroup@yahoogroups.com, Dáithí <gi7omy@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Which award are you talking about?
            > > >
            > > > As far as I'm aware, Morse is acceptable for all awards - and, in
            > > fact, for the WISE award, EI and EJ entries are ONLY accepted if done
            > > in Morse (EI regulations only permit Morse operations on 30)
            > > >
            > > > 73 de Daithi, GI7OMY

            > > look
            > > for a
            > others not.

            >Hi All,

            Well thanks a lot everybody for your prompt and clear
            replies.(especially the one from John ;-) )

            This group is a real HAM-boost for all of us.
            It makes 30m operation a lot more fun.
            CU on the band,

            Bruno
          • johnpess
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 8, 2008

              In according to the rules of 30MDG CW counts for all 30MDG-awards!

              73 de JOHN, OE3JPK, Author of U30