RE: Any reports on activity?

  • k0rgr
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 16, 2007
      I haven't had much time for QSO's lately, but I have been running
      Propnet when I'm around the shack, and it's interesting to see who can
      hear me. Last night, my first beacon was copied by stations on both
      coasts and one in New Mexico. Now, I need to improve my antenna
      situation so I can hear them as well as they hear me. I don't know
      where it's coming from, but there is some kind of broadband QRM that
      covers the PSK and Propnet frequencies. It's much weaker on the dipole
      than it is on my loop. I'm thinking about building a vertical for 30
      to see if that would be better.