30m band the long and short of it yesterday

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 7, 2008
      GA,

      Was anyone around the 30m band in NA around 0200z to 0300z yesterday?
      Band propagation was very different as it was like back a few
      weekends ago when the band was both short and long at the same time.
      I had several 599 short in (<300miles/km) contacts at 599 then after a
      few rounds completely gone. While these short distant contacts were
      being made/heard I also had contact with a UK station but was the only
      EU I heard on the band at this time and normally I hear EU from 2000z
      to 2400z...oh yes also SA Venezuela contact at this same time. So
      that was the long and short of it all at once.

      Just wondered if anyone else was on and noticed.

      OH yes..also spotted NK2X now NK2X/4 Larry down on vacation with his
      portable QRP station on the beach..keep trying Larry as you are making
      it to EN50dp.

      de kb9umt Don
    • pa3gwh
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 8, 2008
        --- In 30meterPSKGroup@yahoogroups.com, "Don" <dhobson123@...> wrote:

        > GA,

        Hey Don and all,

        exactly the same here in europe, normally when I hear Daithi GI7OMY
        that is a bad sign, DX-Wise that is HI

        But yesterday, there was Europe, NA, SA all at the same time. Signals
        were not good, going up and down all the time, but workable...very
        weird indeed....

        73 de Richard PA3GWH