Re: Got any really good PSK links?

  • irbflying
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 17 1:57 PM
      Trey,

      Try http://aintel.bi.ehu.es/psk31.html It is the "Official PSK31
      homepage" or so it says

      --- In 30meterPSKGroup@yahoogroups.com, "KI4ITV" <o22sail@...> wrote:

      > I was hunting around for some helpful links related to psk and other
      > digital modes. Do you have one that was particularly helpful in
      > getting you started or fine tuning the way you operate? Or one just
      > plain packed full of useful information??? I found alot of them, but
      > I'm interested in the one that helped you the most.
      > Thanks in advance!
      > Trey-

    • David
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 17 2:23 PM
        KI4ITV wrote:

        I was hunting around for some helpful links related to psk and other
        digital modes. Do you have one that was particularly helpful in
        getting you started or fine tuning the way you operate? Or one just
        plain packed full of useful information? ?? I found alot of them, but
        I'm interested in the one that helped you the most.
        Thanks in advance!
        Trey-

        Hi Trey.....when i first started on digital modes 5 years ago i found the instructi for the software i was using the most helpful...i started with Digipan and printed out the manual...i still have most of the pages....then i upgraded to MixW2 and did the same thing..when i go too many crashes with Win 98SE i changed to Red Hat Linux 7.1...bit of a learning curve....and started to use KPSK.....instructions were fairly sparce...then moved on to gMFSK...this was being developed at the time.....now i use Fldigi and am one of the alpha testers.....the Help files are very comprehensive.....
        Each mode has its own way of operating.....proficiency with each one comes with use.....i still havent mastered RTTY but im getting there.......
        btw im now using Kubuntu 7.04 for my Linux distro.....

        So trey i cant point you to one single link.....read as many as you can and that will give you a good overall picture....

        Hope to catch you on air one day...PSK31 maybe on 20m...

        David VK4BDJ
      • David
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 17 2:25 PM
          KI4ITV wrote:

          I was hunting around for some helpful links related to psk and other
          digital modes. Do you have one that was particularly helpful in
          getting you started or fine tuning the way you operate? Or one just
          plain packed full of useful information? ?? I found alot of them, but
          I'm interested in the one that helped you the most.
          Thanks in advance!
          Trey-

          Hi Trey.....when i first started on digital modes 5 years ago i found the instructions for the software i was using the most helpful...i started with Digipan and printed out the manual...i still have most of the pages....then i upgraded to MixW2 and did the same thing..when i go too many crashes with Win 98SE i changed to Red Hat Linux 7.1...bit of a learning curve....and started to use KPSK.....instructions were fairly sparce...then moved on to gMFSK...this was being developed at the time.....now i use Fldigi and am one of the alpha testers.....the Help files are very comprehensive.....