Re : EU Psk

  • Mel
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 4 12:47 PM
      I'm looking forward to the time when chatting to a station in Sydney or
      downtown Cootamundra will be as ordinary as Milan or Voronezh ! Not
      long to wait now, the sunspot count is already at 66, its stalled a bit
      since January, but stay hearty me lads !

      Whenever a US station pops up on any band the boys in Europe wind up
      the power, set the processors to MAX, train their G5RV's and their ears
      to the distant signal, and then, fifty thousand voices fill the
      airwaves with a call to mate with a distant callsign in a far off
      land.

      I remember in 1987 I worked all States in a week when I used to log 22-
      24 contacts a day starting in in MA and finishing in CA. Ah, the good
      Olde Days ! Maybe in 2010 I'll work all Australian states in a week and
      get to speak to me old uncle Jim in Cocklebiddy WA. See a trace from VK
      and the ionosphere will collapse !

      Best wishes and kind regards to all, Mel G0GQK
    • jean
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 4 10:37 PM
        Mel a écrit :

        > I'm looking forward to the time when chatting to a station in Sydney or
        > downtown Cootamundra will be as ordinary as Milan or Voronezh ! Not
        > long to wait now, the sunspot count is already at 66, its stalled a bit
        > since January, but stay hearty me lads !
        >

        > Mel,
        >

        > Even now, DX is possible on 30 m.

        I had QSO this morning (abt 0440 z) with N4QLB and W0OHU. The mode was
        JT65A, freq 10139, and W0OHU is using 15 W. Also wkd VK3XQ some days
        back.(PSK)
        I strongly suggest that more hams try this JT65A mode, it gives easy
        copy of signals which would be too weak even for cw.
        Another remark : too many of us use very poor aerials on 30 m. Maybe a
        wet string will be enough in 2010 or so, but the present period should
        incite us to work on our antennas. A good example : with his quad, ZL3RG
        is readable EVERYDAY (if he is on the air, hi) here.
        No mistery, no miracle...

        73, good DX
        Jean
        F8RZ