Re : suggestions for good digital operation...... anyone ?

  • Mel
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 2 1:44 PM
      I'm curious, we don't have Field Days in these 'ere parts. I assume
      from the comments that the bands were very busy, and they were five
      deep in operators, and the signals from half of them were total krud.

      I would have thought in circumstances like this that people would
      spread out a bit like they do when there are contests. As we all know
      to our cost they spread out during RTTY and CW contests, some as far
      as Love Co. in Texas ! Strange situation because at least once a
      month somebody posts a woeful bilet doux on either e-ham or QRZ
      complaining about the fact that " ham radio is dead " or " is ham
      radio dying ?" usually spelt dieing.

      I don't think there's much chance of 30 being as busy as 20 but we do
      get our fair share of grotty transmissions. The situation will change
      when we get to 200 in the sunspot count, everybody then will be on 10
      metres or the "magic band", (Hey, I've seen more magic in a Pot
      Noodle )

      I'll take a walk through the enchanted garden down to the shack
      shortly and see if there's anyone except Italians and Germans on the
      band.

      Kind regards, Mel G0GQK
    • o22sail@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 3 3:41 PM
        About 2AM during our Field Day, I was still asking if the frequency was in use, BUT, seriously considered amending that to, "Is this frequency in use by less than 5 stations at this time??"  QRL<5 ?? de ki4itv pse k.
        Hehehe-

        73,
        Trey- ki4itv
        30MDG #0002