RE: [30meterPSKGroup] Re:Is it just me, or are the bands really dead today?

  • Barry
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 2, 2008
      > Oh dear Barry - want to borrow my glasses? LOL
      >
      > Look at the e-mail address > <pj2mi@...>
      >
      > 73 de Daithi
      Hi, it's a long time since I played hide & seek :-)
      Barry M0IOW
    • Dáithí
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 2, 2008
        Actually it's his log-in/user name as well LOL

        73 de Daithi

      • M1EBU - Warren
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 2, 2008

          Hi,

          30m has been very poor this week for me...This evening @ 22:23 local time still S8 of white noise with about 4 EU stations just about breaking through...:( This has been the same since friday last week...

          Lets hope the thunder storms that are predicted here in UK may change things..Well we all live in hope.......

          73's warren M1EBU 30MDG#585

          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 2, 2008
            No thunderstorms forecast for here - just torrential rain (which never materialised - well not yet)

            One good thing about the poor conditions and short skip - I spent the past couple of days working QRP and among my first contacts I did manage to log an ON station working reciprocal - as HB0/ON - Liechtenstein :D

            73 de Daithi

            href="mailto:Barry@...">Barry@...>

            > To:
            href="mailto:30meterPSKGroup@yahoogroups.com">30meterPSKGroup@yahoogroups.com
          • John Wiener
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 3, 2008
              at 1200Z Heard JA1VND make a couple of QSOs. Too weak for me to
              copy other than his call

              John
              AB8O
            • Jesse
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 5, 2008
                i fired up the rig first thing this morning, around 12:19 utc and saw
                this on the waterfall:

                "CQ DX i+i X de JA2ACI JA2ACI JAmfCI pse K fdb"

                i tried, even cranked the power up to 40 watts, but no luck. then
                CLICK and he was gone.

                gonna get up earlier tomorrow morning ...

                ..jesse..
                WB5NPW