Re:Is it just me, or are the bands really dead today?

  • Daithi
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 2, 2008
      Oh dear Barry - want to borrow my glasses? LOL

      Look at the e-mail address > <pj2mi@...>

      73 de Daithi

      --- In 30meterPSKGroup@yahoogroups.com, "Barry" <Barry@...> wrote:

      > Hello José, you know where you were calling from, but I do not.
      > If you gave your QTH or call it would be of help.
      > 73
      > Barry, MØIOW. 30 MDG #0013
      > www.30metergigital.org/

    • Barry
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 2, 2008
        > Oh dear Barry - want to borrow my glasses? LOL
        >
        > Look at the e-mail address > <pj2mi@...>
        >
        > 73 de Daithi
        Hi, it's a long time since I played hide & seek :-)
        Barry M0IOW
      • Dáithí
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 2, 2008
          Actually it's his log-in/user name as well LOL

          73 de Daithi

        • M1EBU - Warren
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 2, 2008

            Hi,

            30m has been very poor this week for me...This evening @ 22:23 local time still S8 of white noise with about 4 EU stations just about breaking through...:( This has been the same since friday last week...

            Lets hope the thunder storms that are predicted here in UK may change things..Well we all live in hope.......

            73's warren M1EBU 30MDG#585

            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 2, 2008
              No thunderstorms forecast for here - just torrential rain (which never materialised - well not yet)

              One good thing about the poor conditions and short skip - I spent the past couple of days working QRP and among my first contacts I did manage to log an ON station working reciprocal - as HB0/ON - Liechtenstein :D

              73 de Daithi

              href="mailto:Barry@...">Barry@...>

              > To:
              href="mailto:30meterPSKGroup@yahoogroups.com">30meterPSKGroup@yahoogroups.com
            • John Wiener
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 3, 2008
                at 1200Z Heard JA1VND make a couple of QSOs. Too weak for me to
                copy other than his call

                John
                AB8O
              • Jesse
                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 5, 2008
                  i fired up the rig first thing this morning, around 12:19 utc and saw
                  this on the waterfall:

                  "CQ DX i+i X de JA2ACI JA2ACI JAmfCI pse K fdb"

                  i tried, even cranked the power up to 40 watts, but no luck. then
                  CLICK and he was gone.

                  gonna get up earlier tomorrow morning ...

                  ..jesse..
                  WB5NPW