Re:Is it just me, or are the bands really dead today?

  • pj2mi@arrl.net
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 2, 2008
      Hi Guys:

      was on 30M calling CQ at my usual 1ime  between 2100 and 2230 UTC, not a single station copied.

      73's

      José [Jossy]

    • Barry
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 2, 2008
        Hello José, you know where you were calling from, but I do not.
        If you gave your QTH or call it would be of help.
        73

        Barry, MØIOW. 30 MDG #0013
        www.30metergigital.org/

        was on 30M calling CQ at my usual 1ime  between 2100 and 2230 UTC, not a single station copied.

        73's

        José [Jossy]

      • Daithi
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 2, 2008
          Oh dear Barry - want to borrow my glasses? LOL

          Look at the e-mail address > <pj2mi@...>

          73 de Daithi

          --- In 30meterPSKGroup@yahoogroups.com, "Barry" <Barry@...> wrote:

          > Hello José, you know where you were calling from, but I do not.
          > If you gave your QTH or call it would be of help.
          > 73
          > Barry, MØIOW. 30 MDG #0013
          > www.30metergigital.org/

        • Barry
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 2, 2008
            > Oh dear Barry - want to borrow my glasses? LOL
            >
            > Look at the e-mail address > <pj2mi@...>
            >
            > 73 de Daithi
            Hi, it's a long time since I played hide & seek :-)
            Barry M0IOW
          • Dáithí
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 2, 2008
              Actually it's his log-in/user name as well LOL

              73 de Daithi

            • M1EBU - Warren
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 2, 2008

                Hi,

                30m has been very poor this week for me...This evening @ 22:23 local time still S8 of white noise with about 4 EU stations just about breaking through...:( This has been the same since friday last week...

                Lets hope the thunder storms that are predicted here in UK may change things..Well we all live in hope.......

                73's warren M1EBU 30MDG#585

                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 2, 2008
                  No thunderstorms forecast for here - just torrential rain (which never materialised - well not yet)

                  One good thing about the poor conditions and short skip - I spent the past couple of days working QRP and among my first contacts I did manage to log an ON station working reciprocal - as HB0/ON - Liechtenstein :D

                  73 de Daithi

                  href="mailto:Barry@...">Barry@...>

                  > To:
                  href="mailto:30meterPSKGroup@yahoogroups.com">30meterPSKGroup@yahoogroups.com
                • John Wiener
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 3, 2008
                    at 1200Z Heard JA1VND make a couple of QSOs. Too weak for me to
                    copy other than his call

                    John
                    AB8O
                  • Jesse
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jul 5, 2008
                      i fired up the rig first thing this morning, around 12:19 utc and saw
                      this on the waterfall:

                      "CQ DX i+i X de JA2ACI JA2ACI JAmfCI pse K fdb"

                      i tried, even cranked the power up to 40 watts, but no luck. then
                      CLICK and he was gone.

                      gonna get up earlier tomorrow morning ...

                      ..jesse..
                      WB5NPW