Re: [30meterPSKGroup] Great Circle Maps

  • Bill Carney
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 23, 2008
      Hi Daithi and All...

      Here is another source for making a Great Circle Map...
      http://www.wm7d.net/az_proj/az_html/azproj.shtml

      I have been using this one for many years now (based on different locations
      that is) and found it rather easy to do the deed.

      Just scroll down to the "Making a map here on the server>Short Form>Enter
      your QTH or just your Callsign in the Name of QTH>Enter Grid Square or
      Latitude/Longitude (Its easier with Grid Sq)>The scroll down to "Continents
      to include in map" and tick the box for "Whole World" or whatever you want
      to produce.

      Now there is a "Long Form" which can generate alot more detail/information
      but from a Joe Ham viewpoint the GCM serves the purpose well.

      No harm in giving it a go.

      73 de Bill ZL3NB