Re: Washington DC on 30.....KB9UMT EN50 Report 5/17/07

    Message 1 of 3 , May 18, 2007
      GE Geoff KB8UUM,

      ALready copied here in Peoria IL EN50dp but the vertical you were weak
      on switched to the loop and you were 100%, tried to call back but no
      reply then the auto pactor stations killed the band, but you were doing
      well until then. I will try you again. I also noticed that KE5DHY
      Bill tried you and heard you but you did not reply to him either
      (worked bill a few times including tonight). I also made contact with
      KD5LWU again for the second night. Keep at it, Europe was open and some
      psk stations from there on 30m psk the other night.

      I did copy some PropNet stations most the night and so far tonight
      heard:

      Propnet copy at 1:56 utc 5/19/07

      K1UY>HG:[FN43PB]PHGA03060/^8E48

      INFO http://www.PropNET.org
      ni5f>hg:[em42uf]PHG523064/^B845

      HTTP://WWW.PROPNET.ORG- W6CGH>HG:[DM13BR]PHG823053/^4A89

      So the band was open here from West Coast to East Coast and the SW very
      strong here (Bill's psk sig 599 and 20 over 9 on meter, big signal).

      Previous night '30 PSK on Thursday' 5/17/07 PSK contacts on 30 meter
      10.1415 were:

      KD5LWH 0 CO
      N4EEB - John FL
      KE5AQD - Roger TX
      KE5DHY - Bill TX (with ant 15 ft off ground)
      W0KIT - Doug CO
      heard W5BG but never made contact rx & tx split or off on him
      heard my nieghbor that is very active PSK Mr. N9GUE Fred
      and a PropNet station from DM13BT but never copied callsign

      So that is the scoop and what is playing in Peoria

      Thanks all, comments welcome

      de kb9umt Don
      EN50dp - moderator Let's get active on 30 meter PSK & other digi
      modes

      --- In 30meterPSKGroup@yahoogroups.com, "gstorchan" <gstorchan@...>
      wrote:

      > Just wanted to say hello and to mention that I will be listening on
      > 30m. My QTH is Washington, DC.
      >
      > Geoff, KB8UUM

    • gstorchan
      Message 2 of 3 , May 18, 2007
        Don,

        Thanks for the report, I am glad to hear that my signal is getting
        out. Sorry that I could not get back to you or the other station
        calling, the band is very noisy here, not sure if it local or just
        the band in general. I am only running 5 watts here into an OCF
        dipole meant for 20-10m, but was able to tune it for 30m. Looking
        forward to making some contacts on 30m, I am hoping to have a better
        antenna up next weekend. Propnet is a great app for checking out the
        band. Hope to catch you on the band. Take care.

        Geoff, KB8UUM