Washington DC on 30

  • gstorchan
    Message 1 of 3 , May 18, 2007
      Just wanted to say hello and to mention that I will be listening on
      30m. My QTH is Washington, DC.

      Geoff, KB8UUM
      Message 2 of 3 , May 18, 2007
        GE Geoff KB8UUM,

        ALready copied here in Peoria IL EN50dp but the vertical you were weak
        on switched to the loop and you were 100%, tried to call back but no
        reply then the auto pactor stations killed the band, but you were doing
        well until then. I will try you again. I also noticed that KE5DHY
        Bill tried you and heard you but you did not reply to him either
        (worked bill a few times including tonight). I also made contact with
        KD5LWU again for the second night. Keep at it, Europe was open and some
        psk stations from there on 30m psk the other night.

        I did copy some PropNet stations most the night and so far tonight
        heard:

        Propnet copy at 1:56 utc 5/19/07

        K1UY>HG:[FN43PB]PHGA03060/^8E48

        INFO http://www.PropNET.org
        ni5f>hg:[em42uf]PHG523064/^B845

        HTTP://WWW.PROPNET.ORG- W6CGH>HG:[DM13BR]PHG823053/^4A89

        So the band was open here from West Coast to East Coast and the SW very
        strong here (Bill's psk sig 599 and 20 over 9 on meter, big signal).

        Previous night '30 PSK on Thursday' 5/17/07 PSK contacts on 30 meter
        10.1415 were:

        KD5LWH 0 CO
        N4EEB - John FL
        KE5AQD - Roger TX
        KE5DHY - Bill TX (with ant 15 ft off ground)
        W0KIT - Doug CO
        heard W5BG but never made contact rx & tx split or off on him
        heard my nieghbor that is very active PSK Mr. N9GUE Fred
        and a PropNet station from DM13BT but never copied callsign

        So that is the scoop and what is playing in Peoria

        Thanks all, comments welcome

        de kb9umt Don
        EN50dp - moderator Let's get active on 30 meter PSK & other digi
        modes

        --- In 30meterPSKGroup@yahoogroups.com, "gstorchan" <gstorchan@...>
        wrote:

        > Just wanted to say hello and to mention that I will be listening on
        > 30m. My QTH is Washington, DC.
        >
        > Geoff, KB8UUM

      • gstorchan
        Message 3 of 3 , May 18, 2007
          Don,

          Thanks for the report, I am glad to hear that my signal is getting
          out. Sorry that I could not get back to you or the other station
          calling, the band is very noisy here, not sure if it local or just
          the band in general. I am only running 5 watts here into an OCF
          dipole meant for 20-10m, but was able to tune it for 30m. Looking
          forward to making some contacts on 30m, I am hoping to have a better
          antenna up next weekend. Propnet is a great app for checking out the
          band. Hope to catch you on the band. Take care.

          Geoff, KB8UUM