OK, so you're sittin' there...

  • KI4ITV
    Message 1 of 6 , May 7, 2008
      ...minding your own affairs watching this very juicy DX station rise
      in signal strength, getting ready to call him back, AND THIS 200hz
      wide and very nasty PSK signal fires up 300hz away and wipes
      everything on your waterfall out.

      What do you do?
      A) mix a drink and hope everything turns out all right.
      B) Cuss like a sailor
      C) Mix a drink, cuss like a sailor, and mix another drink.
      D) Turn the radio off, cause this is getting too serious.

      I won't tell you what I did, but, my radio is still on.
      &*(*^*&!

      Trey-
    • Richard Zolla
      Message 2 of 6 , May 7, 2008
        Life is too short. I vote "D"

        Rick N6NKN

        --- In 30meterPSKGroup@yahoogroups.com, "KI4ITV" <o22sail@...> wrote:

        > ...minding your own affairs watching this very juicy DX station rise
        > in signal strength, getting ready to call him back, AND THIS 200hz
        > wide and very nasty PSK signal fires up 300hz away and wipes
        > everything on your waterfall out.
        >
        > What do you do?
        > A) mix a drink and hope everything turns out all right.
        > B) Cuss like a sailor
        > C) Mix a drink, cuss like a sailor, and mix another drink.
        > D) Turn the radio off, cause this is getting too serious.
        >
        > I won't tell you what I did, but, my radio is still on.
        > &*(*^*&!
        >
        > Trey-

      • James Wilson
        Message 3 of 6 , May 7, 2008
          I live in the bay area, California and I deal with nearby stations all the time.  In the case you speak of, I would enabled a filter to eliminate the station.  Almost all radio's have built in filters all the way down to the FT-8X7 models.  Although I will admit it's much easier on a proIII.  A 200hz wide frequency 300hz away should be easy to filter.  Now those signals that are 2 khz wide are a different story.

          I used to have an issue with AGC and strong stations nearby even though I filtered them out.  Then someone said, "turn of AGC".  I tried it and the problem went away.

          73 K6WRJ

          ...minding your own affairs watching this very juicy DX station rise
          in signal strength, getting ready to call him back, AND THIS 200hz
          wide and very nasty PSK signal fires up 300hz away and wipes
          everything on your waterfall out.

          What do you do?
          A) mix a drink and hope everything turns out all right.
          B) Cuss like a sailor
          C) Mix a drink, cuss like a sailor, and mix another drink.
          D) Turn the radio off, cause this is getting too serious.

          I won't tell you what I did, but, my radio is still on.
          &*(*^*&!

          Trey-

          Warning: This email may contain confidential or privileged information
          intended only for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is
          addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please understand
          that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents
          of this email is strictly prohibited.

        • Dáithí
          Message 4 of 6 , May 7, 2008
            I'm Irish - 'A' gets my vote any time (well - maybe mix the Jameson with more Jameson LOL)

            On 07/05/2008 22:10:20, KI4ITV (o22sail@...) wrote:
            > ...minding
            your own affairs watching this very juicy DX station rise
            > in signal
            strength, getting ready to call him back, AND THIS 200hz
            > wide and very
            nasty PSK signal fires up 300hz away and wipes
            > everything on your
            waterfall out.

            > What do you do?
            > A) mix a drink and hope
            everything turns out all right.
            > B) Cuss like a sailor
            > C) Mix a
            drink, cuss like a sailor, and mix another drink.
            > D) Turn the radio off,
            cause this is getting too serious.

            > I won't tell you what I did,
            but, my radio is still on.
            > &*(*^*&!

            Trey-

            > Messages in this topic  [link:
            groups.yahoo.com/group/30meterPSKGroup/message/2919;_ylc=X3oDMTM1OTlsY3Q2BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzIwMjE4MDUwBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA2MzEwOARtc2dJZAMyOTE5BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA3Z0cGMEc3RpbWUDMTIxMDE5NDYzMAR0cGNJZAMyOTE5](1) Reply (via web post)  [link: groups.yahoo.com/group/30meterPSKGroup/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJxZXVqZjhiBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzIwMjE4MDUwBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA2MzEwOARtc2dJZAMyOTE5BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA3JwbHkEc3RpbWUDMTIxMDE5NDYzMA--?act=reply&messageNum=2919]| Start a new topic  [link: groups.yahoo.com/group/30meterPSKGroup/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJmZHM0NWlzBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzIwMjE4MDUwBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA2MzEwOARzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNudHBjBHN0aW1lAzEyMTAxOTQ2MzA-]

            Messages [link: groups.yahoo.com/group/30meterPSKGroup/messages;_ylc=X3oDMTJmNGFtZWszBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzIwMjE4MDUwBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA2M
          • Larry - NK2X
            Message 5 of 6 , May 7, 2008
              KI4ITV wrote:
              > What do you do?
              > A) mix a drink and hope everything turns out all right.
              > B) Cuss like a sailor
              > C) Mix a drink, cuss like a sailor, and mix another drink.
              > D) Turn the radio off, cause this is getting too serious.

              Well, there is only one choice: A, A, A, Cuss about something this
              minor? ;-) , A, A, what was the problem anyway?, A, A, a, g, z, ~~q~~,
              zzzzzzzzzzzzzz!
              Message 6 of 6 , May 7, 2008
                Is there an E for all the above?

                Trey..great to see you having some radio time again and miss your humor.

                That being said not sure what software you are using or if it offers
                filtering or maybe what rig you have w/any filters?

                I also would want to know if my signal was poor so I still always
                suggest getting the stations callsign and taking a screen shot to
                actually show them what their signal looks like in an email to them
                (we should always try to help each other and use good Amateur Radio
                practices).

                Thanks
                de kb9umt Don