A45WD on 30 meters...20:36 UTC

  • KI4ITV
    Message 1 of 5 , May 7, 2008
      Oman A45WD is working split (up) right now.
      Problem is he is under the Propnet stations.
      Work it if you can... He seems to be coming up in strength here.

      Trey-
    • IZ1MHY Andrea
      Message 2 of 5 , May 7, 2008
        I listen also now very strong A45WD, but the problem is he don't listen
        me..HI HI...

        Andrea IZ1MHY

        At 22.38 07/05/2008, you wrote:

        >Oman A45WD is working split (up) right now.
        >Problem is he is under the Propnet stations.
        >Work it if you can... He seems to be coming up in strength here.
        >
        >Trey-
      • KI4ITV
        Message 3 of 5 , May 7, 2008
          hehehe,
          right you are...
          I have been stalking this station for an hour knowing he would
          probably come up in strength a little later. He finally get's strong
          enough to copy well, but still a very weak signal, then some one fires
          up right next to him and it has to be the worst signal on the band.
          I couldn't filter it out to where I could still copy him.
          hahaa, it got the best of me.
          I was running Propnet when I noticed him and shut that down.
          So in between the PN stations that couldn't copy him and the wide load
          that fired up next to us...Better luck next time! HIHI.

          But, life is too short and all the filtering in the world wouldn't
          make that nastyness go away.
          Trey-

          --- In 30meterPSKGroup@yahoogroups.com, IZ1MHY Andrea <iz1mhy@...> wrote:

          > I listen also now very strong A45WD, but the problem is he don't listen
          > me..HI HI...
          >
          > Andrea IZ1MHY
          >

          > At 22.38 07/05/2008, you wrote:
          >
          > >Oman A45WD is working split (up) right now.
          > >Problem is he is under the Propnet stations.
          > >Work it if you can... He seems to be coming up in strength here.
          > >
          > >Trey-

        • Dáithí
          Message 4 of 5 , May 7, 2008
            What actually never ceases to amaze me is how those guys who spatter everywhere never hear you when you ask them to either QRP or  to check their Tx suddenly come alert and can copy you 100% when you fire up a CQ (and it's a prefix/country they want) LOL

            73 de Daithi GI7OMY

            On 07/05/2008 22:35:09, KI4ITV (o22sail@...) wrote:

            hehehe,
            > right you are...
            > I have been stalking this station for
            an hour knowing he would
            > probably come up in strength a little
            later.  He finally
            > get's strong
            > enough to copy well, but
            still a very weak signal, then some one fires
            > up right next to him and
            it has to be the worst signal on the band.
            > I couldn't
            > filter it
            out to where I could still copy him.
            > hahaa, it got the best of
            me.
            > I was running Propnet when I noticed him and shut that down.

            So in between the PN stations that
            > couldn't copy him and the wide
            load
            > that fired up next to us...Better luck next time!
            HIHI.

            > But, life is too short and all the filtering in the world
            wouldn't
            > make that nastyness go away.

            Trey-
            Message 5 of 5 , May 7, 2008