Re: [30meterPSKGroup] Re: 30 PSK on Thursday - be there!

  • kartooo@netzero.com
    Message 1 of 6 , May 18, 2007
      Hi Terry,
      I did very well with a 30m wire vertical, i think it was 23ft and a
      bunch of ground radials. Used it for about 2yrs then just recently
      put up a butternut vertical that was given to me. You need lots of
      radials to make a vert work well though. i have 11 ant's here and the
      vert will always do well, usually 2S units better on dx than the di-
      poles. they love that low angle stuff hi hi. the di-poles are good
      fro steside stuff. Wire ant's are cheap and effecient !! you get some
      pride too out of something you built yourself.

      Larry N1YW

      Any ideas for an easy, inexpensive and easy to build antenna? I am
      thinking of a full wave loop or a dipole.

      Terry - AF7W
      Message 2 of 6 , May 18, 2007
        Lynn KB3FN,

        DONE, got it on our calendar so we will see this and be reminded
        weekly. Thanks

        de kb9umt Don
        EN50dp - moderator

        --- In 30meterPSKGroup@yahoogroups.com, "Lynn DeHart" <lwdehart@...>
        wrote:

        > --- In 30meterPSKGroup@yahoogroups.com, "Don" <dhobson123@> wrote:
        > > What do you guys think about putting on our Yahoo Group Calendar
        and
        > > sending a reminder to group members that we will have a
        weekly "30
        > > PSK on Thursday" to let all members or others know that we will
        be
        > > active on 30 meters PSK on Thursday evenings all evening, would
        that
        > > be okay and a start to have a known day/evening of what we hope
        would
        > > be active PSK stations on 30 meters?
        >
        > Don, I think that woulod be a good idea. I know this OM needs as
        many
        > reminders as he can get. :-) :-)
        >
        > Thursday evening works for me. Although I could not get on last
        night.
        > A bit later in the evening would be better for me as well.
        >
        > Lets talk it up, Lynn - KB3FN

      • Fr. Johnny Shepherd
        Message 3 of 6 , May 18, 2007
          30M looks totally dead here except for the brief QSO with Don. Still watching. kd5lwu DM57RI