Re: Pulsing signal

  • g3txa
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 27, 2008
      As you say interesting to read the comments. It seems it is being
      heard worldwide and I agree, we can always QSY. So I'm happy to move
      HF of it at anytime it appears.

      It's a pity if it is deliberate though, but I'm not going to let it
      spoil my activity as I'm really enjoying a concentrated QRP effort on
      the band.

      73

      Rod

      --- In 30meterPSKGroup@yahoogroups.com, "John Simon" <jrsimon@...>
      wrote:

      > I have similar noises here in VK. I think it might be the 10MHz
      ionosondes
      > used by the Wx bureau (sp??) using NVIS.
      >

      > John de VK2XGJ
      > If you haven't grown up by 70 years of age
      > Then you don't have to.

      Europe,
      > > maybe it is !
      > >
      > > There is no reason at all why PSK operators have to operate on
      > > 10.140, why not be a bit adventurous and move either above or
      below
      > > the noise ?
      > > I've known of these types of noises before, and sometimes they are
      > > placed where there is amateur radio activity, perhaps to cause
      > > irritation to the users. It is possible to see traces through the
      > > interference, and its possible to transmit through it. Moving
      away
      > > from it is relatively simple, with the exception that there are
      those
      > > who believe that PSK can only be transmitted on 10.140, so CQ
      calls
      > > may go unanswered.
      > >
      > > Kind regards, Mel G0GQK

      > > Please join in on Thursday and Sunday Night 30mtr PSK activity
      nights,
      > > also when in the shack use the 30 mtr digital Spots page made
      possible by
      > > Sholto KE7HPV
      > >
      > > http://www.projectsandparts.com/30m/
      > >

      > > Yahoo! Groups Links