Re: Re :: 30 metre contacts

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 25, 2008
      --- In 30meterPSKGroup@yahoogroups.com, "Mel" <Gzerogqk@...> wrote:

      > Also the times are completely wrong for those of us without the
      > enthrusiasm or constitution to be sitting alone in the radio shack
      at > 03.00 UTC hoping to hear a distant voice. Even when the bands
      were > good I could never hang around waiting for the rare one, its
      not that > important to me, but bed is !

      Mel, sometimes like you say sleep is more important and don't blame you.

      > At the moment 30 metres is very poor in Europe

      I have others in EU email me with an increase of EU activity and some
      better band conditions but again different locations or areas have
      different propagation or working conditions I would guess.

      > I also see that all the various different digital "toys" are being
      > tried in and around the PSK 31 frequency, it would be nice if they
      > would go and play further up or down the band because there's plenty
      > of frequency lying around unused.

      I agree and I too would like to see the wider modes used below 10.140
      and above 10.142 but not sure others would agree.

      > I did look through Don's list of European stations which he tracked
      > and all of them were either in Spain or Italy, none from the
      >northern European countries, which is normal, confirmed by Mr
      >Giella's propagation forecast for the month. Not good.

      Mel...did you look at EU stations on my list? They were not ALL from
      Spain or Italy:

      M0IOW UK
      G4ZYY UK
      GB0U UK

      OV1A Denmark

      DJ4EY Germany
      DD2UJ Germany
      DL3APM Germany

      PA3HDG Netherlands
      PA0MJM Netherlands

      F4ESO France (NE) Ham Sous Varsberg

      HB9TJX SWITZERLAND

      Then yes as you stated more south than you:
      OK1JME Czech Republic - Central
      OK1ACF
      OK1ACF
      OK1KM
      OK1HEH
      F4BKV France (SW) PORT D'ENVAUX
      UR0YY UKRAINE
      and many like you say in:
      Portugal, Spain, Italy, Croatia

      Thanks Mel for your report and post but I just was posting my report
      for that day because both myself and the other spotters are seeing the
      band in better shape and wanted to let others know...again your area
      might be different and I understand that. I do know a month ago or 2
      months ago I never heard a UK station and only from time to time would
      have contacts in souther EU but again just an observation of my
      reports from here.

      Thanks
      de kb9umt Don 30MDG#0001
      owner/moderator