30 Meter Propagation on the rise

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 20, 2008
      GE,

      I few of the auto spotters and a number of you from the group here
      have also emailed me direct about the increase of better 30m
      propagation...maybe some of you also have something to add to this.

      I know from looking at the 30m Digital SPOT page 'auto' spotter data
      that I review it does seem to indicate that the band is staying open
      longer and from different areas from my point of view here in Central
      NA. I have noticed that a few months back that the east coast would
      see EU at sun rise yet nothing here for me in Central NA...not true
      now because we have 'auto' spotted a number of EU's early at or around
      sun rise (small window for me but they are there). Also noticed that
      VK is spotted here in Central NA during the afternoon hours and I also
      have been received in VK on reports at these times (thanks Laurie
      VK3AMA). A few months ago EU for Central NA was a small one hour or
      so window from around 2200 to 2300 utc but now we notice that this
      window starts earlier and ends later so with more sun here it starts
      around 1800 to 2300 utc (sometime earlier depending on where in EU).
      I have noticed from John's spots in VK land that down under there now
      is spot activity to EU quite often and that wasn't going on as much a
      few months ago. I also notice for me that UK is now in the mix and a
      few months ago for me here Central NA usually didn't see many UK
      stations but now see many more so that is a good sign too.

      Maybe some of you have noted some of this change in the band and
      openings but I thought I would put this out for comment or information
      (not a detailed report but a report of sorts anyway). I know we have
      had a big increase of activity in EU so that has helped also but
      really the band at times a few months back just wasn't open for us
      here in Central for EU but now most everyday EU is there as noted. I
      also noticed that we are seeing a few more SA stations and hit's from
      SA ops on the 30MDG site...all good. A few AS ops have also shown up
      on the 30m spot page and even again hits on the 30MDG site too (where
      are all the JA's?).

      Thanks all that are participating on 30m band

      de kb9umt Don 30MDG#0001
      owner/moderator