Re: QRP Weekend??

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 20, 2008
      Hi Larry,

      Still looking for you and hope to see you today (Sunday) if you happen
      to get a chance to get on the band.

      I was able to manage a number of QRP QSO's both state side and even
      some DX (France, UK, Cuba, etc). The band seemed to be in good shape
      and had a number of QRP QSO's durning the day but late in the day had
      a few that were from 20min to over 30min long ragchews so it was fun
      and the band held out. My most interesting ones on the band yesterday
      (Saturday 4/19) were:

      - Station in PA in apart/condo using QRP and rain gutter as
      antenna...so then I switched to my tuner with rain gutter so we were
      gutter to gutter QRP so just proved try and use what you have and give
      it a go!

      - My 1 watt QRPp to several in TX area and East Coast...again band was
      good shape here...didn't take much yesterday to make some nice contacts.

      - Delbert N5ZTW answered back with a reply to my 'I have no idea how
      much power I was using' as there was no detection of any power out on
      my meter on the ic-756proII or the Diawa CN-801 meter either..but
      Delbert answered back...thanks Delbert.

      Hope you all have had a nice weekend....30m seems in good shape this
      weekend and lots of fun and contacts/experimenting/ragchew/dx going
      on, hope some of you had time to operate some on the band.

      de kb9umt Don

      --- In 30meterPSKGroup@yahoogroups.com, "Edward Cobb" <larrycobb@...>