Calling CQ

  • David
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 13, 2008
      Hi All....came into the shack at 6.30am local (2030z) and found 10.140
      alive with PSK31 signals
      not real strong but was able to read that they were mainly EU area
      stations...found a blank spot and started calling CQ with the autocq
      on.....i did not get one station to answer.....
      seems most of the EU ops were too busy working other EU ops rather than
      looking for real DX (distance).....
      2000z to 2100z is about the greyline DX time in VK as it not long after
      sunrise

      it seems that PSK ops are not happy unless they get name and qth as well
      as callsign and report.....Dxpedition stations only require a callsign
      and a report .....as a DX station i would be happy with that
      also....name and qth can usually be found on qrz.com and other web
      sites....
      i may only be copying about 60 to 70 percent of an over but that can be
      enough to get a contact...

      i run a basic station here.....a Kenwood TS140S at 50w to an Inverted V
      at 10m (30ft)
      the reason i work digital modes is due to a hearing impediment ...Phone
      and CW very difficult to copy

      how about keeping an eye out for us way down under in VK and ZL on 30m
      we just may help you get that DXCC

      73 David VK4BDJ
    • Mike

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 14, 2008
          Hi David

          Sorry I wasnt around to see your call but I will certainly look out for it from my QTH this end all I seem to get is EU stations havent even made it over thge pond yet to W land. My setup is also basic Ic-7000 + trap dipole at 20ft, so not even as high as yours but I have managed to work Rob ZL3RG I think that was only 20% copy but I think that was his superior setup rather then mine and I did hear him again on Saturday AM (GMT) but there were bigger guns then me called at the end of his QSO.

          Will keep my eye open for you and all other DX

          73

          Dave, G0IIQ

[...]

        • Mark Crosbie - N8MNI
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 3, 2010
            I am QRV 10.140.6 calling CQ from Ohio 30MDG # 0573

            Mark Crosbie

            N8MNI
            London, Ohio 43140

            http://n8mni.com