Stating the obvious about 30M

  • Andrew O'Brien
    Message 1 of 35 , Apr 6, 2008
      I am probably stating the obvious and preaching to the choir but the
      past three weeks I have been on 30M exclusively. I am truly shocked
      at how far my QRP signal has been making it and at how many DX
      openings there are on 30M. The other day I had WSPR JT65A and PSK
      software open all at the same time around 10.139 and was receiving
      MANY signals. I have been using a 40M inverted V with a tuner, I may
      give up and prune it for 30M operations!

      --
      Andy K3UK
      www.obriensweb.com
      Message 35 of 35 , May 6 5:02 PM
        --- In 30meterPSKGroup@yahoogroups.com, "n9wys" <n9wys@...> wrote:

        > OK, thanks Daithi. I understand.
        >
        > Now, do you know anything about MixW - is there a place to set the
        "amount"
        > of frequency change that the program will "follow" with AFC ON? Or
        should I
        > not worry about AFC at all and operate with it off?

        personally, i operate mixw with AFC clicked off.