Re: [30meterPSKGroup] Ugh! The band!

  • Sholto Fisher
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 6 1:59 PM
      Same here Larry. S8 noise blanket.

      Gonna try some PSK10 (in MultiPSK) and use my narrow 300Hz filter and
      see if I can break through it.

      QRV on 10.141 (AF 1000Hz)

      73 Sholto
      KE7HPV.

      Larry - NK2X wrote:
      > I sure do have a lot of very ugly noise today here in NJ...anyone else
      > or is it a local problem>
      >
      > 73,
      > Larry - NK2X
      >
      > ------------------------------------
      >
      > Please join in on Thursday and Sunday Night 30mtr PSK activity nights, also when in the shack use the 30 mtr digital Spots page made possible by Sholto KE7HPV
      >
      > http://www.projectsandparts.com/30m/
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Andrew O'Brien
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 6 2:16 PM
        Noisy here too BUT I have received several QRP Europeans this
        afternoon via WSPR mode, so it is OPEN.

        Andy K3UK

        --
        Andy K3UK
        www.obriensweb.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 6 2:22 PM
          Sholto Fisher wrote:
          > Same here Larry. S8 noise blanket.
          >
          > Gonna try some PSK10 (in MultiPSK) and use my narrow 300Hz filter and
          > see if I can break through it.
          >
          > QRV on 10.141 (AF 1000Hz)

          No joy here Sholto. I see what may be some Olivia in that area but not
          decodable yet. I saw some RTTY earlier (looked like an IK7 and someone
          here in the US) and there were a smattering of PSK sigs but the noise
          kept taking hem out. It looks like the noise has subsided here now but
          not much on the band.

          Andy, I haven't tried WSPR yet...I hear some good things about it but
          will wait for a WinXP version. Did you see the latest HRD release? It
          has a pretty seamless version of PSKReporter built in. It ran OK for me
          today on first attempt.

          73,
          Larry - NK2X
        • Andrew O'Brien
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 6 3:58 PM
            Larry,

            I have been away from the PC for a few days and out of touch with HRD
            but JUST downlaoded latest beta, will have to give it a try tonight.

            WSPR IS AVAILABLE for Windows (XP and otherwise)

            physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/WSPR050.EXE

            This is version 0.5.0 version 0.6.0 is due out in a week or so.

            Andy K3UK

            --
            Andy K3UK
            www.obriensweb.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 6 6:28 PM
              It's been bad here in central Texas for a few days Larry.
              Delbert N5ZTW