Ugh! The band!

  • Larry - NK2X
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 6 1:05 PM
      I sure do have a lot of very ugly noise today here in NJ...anyone else
      or is it a local problem>

      73,
      Larry - NK2X
    • Sholto Fisher
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 6 1:59 PM
        Same here Larry. S8 noise blanket.

        Gonna try some PSK10 (in MultiPSK) and use my narrow 300Hz filter and
        see if I can break through it.

        QRV on 10.141 (AF 1000Hz)

        73 Sholto
        KE7HPV.

        Larry - NK2X wrote:
        > I sure do have a lot of very ugly noise today here in NJ...anyone else
        > or is it a local problem>
        >
        > 73,
        > Larry - NK2X
        >
        > ------------------------------------
        >
        > Please join in on Thursday and Sunday Night 30mtr PSK activity nights, also when in the shack use the 30 mtr digital Spots page made possible by Sholto KE7HPV
        >
        > http://www.projectsandparts.com/30m/
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Andrew O'Brien
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 6 2:16 PM
          Noisy here too BUT I have received several QRP Europeans this
          afternoon via WSPR mode, so it is OPEN.

          Andy K3UK

          --
          Andy K3UK
          www.obriensweb.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 6 2:22 PM
            Sholto Fisher wrote:
            > Same here Larry. S8 noise blanket.
            >
            > Gonna try some PSK10 (in MultiPSK) and use my narrow 300Hz filter and
            > see if I can break through it.
            >
            > QRV on 10.141 (AF 1000Hz)

            No joy here Sholto. I see what may be some Olivia in that area but not
            decodable yet. I saw some RTTY earlier (looked like an IK7 and someone
            here in the US) and there were a smattering of PSK sigs but the noise
            kept taking hem out. It looks like the noise has subsided here now but
            not much on the band.

            Andy, I haven't tried WSPR yet...I hear some good things about it but
            will wait for a WinXP version. Did you see the latest HRD release? It
            has a pretty seamless version of PSKReporter built in. It ran OK for me
            today on first attempt.

            73,
            Larry - NK2X
          • Andrew O'Brien
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 6 3:58 PM
              Larry,

              I have been away from the PC for a few days and out of touch with HRD
              but JUST downlaoded latest beta, will have to give it a try tonight.

              WSPR IS AVAILABLE for Windows (XP and otherwise)

              physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/WSPR050.EXE

              This is version 0.5.0 version 0.6.0 is due out in a week or so.

              Andy K3UK

              --
              Andy K3UK
              www.obriensweb.com
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 6 6:28 PM
                It's been bad here in central Texas for a few days Larry.
                Delbert N5ZTW