Re: [30meterPSKGroup] Curious

  • Larry - NK2X
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 5 4:07 PM
      gi7omy wrote:
      > Is anything out of the ordinary happening this weekend?
      >
      > For some reason I can't connect to eqsl. qrz.com, hamcall.net or even
      > the 30m spotter page - every one of them is timing out (which makes me
      > think they're being hit hard )

      I don't see anything strange, Daithi. I have accessed qrz and eqsl
      today and just double checked the spotting page...it's up to date.
      Maybe something with trans-Atlantic trunking??

      73,
      Larry - NK2X
    • Dáithí
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 5 6:12 PM
        It cleared later Larry - this happened round 2100 - 2230 UTC - I could get to other sites, just not those ones which made me wonder if there had been a lot of traffic on them causing them all to time out. The fact I could access here right away makes me think it wasn't the trunk at fault

        Daithi

        On 06/04/2008 00:07:30, Larry - NK2X (larrycobb@...) wrote:
        > gi7omy wrote:
        > > Is anything out of the ordinary
        happening this weekend?

        > > For some reason I

        can't connect to eqsl. qrz.com, hamcall.net or even
        > > the 30m spotter
        page - every one of them is timing out (which makes me
        > > think
        they're
        > being hit hard )

        > don't see
        anything strange, Daithi.  I have accessed qrz and eqsl
        > today and
        just double checked the spotting page...it's
        > up to date.
        > Maybe
        something with trans-Atlantic trunking??

        > 73,
        > Larry -
        NK2X
      • Larry - NK2X
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 6 7:23 AM
          Dáithí wrote:
          > It cleared later Larry - this happened round 2100 - 2230 UTC - I could
          > get to other sites, just not those ones which made me wonder if there
          > had been a lot of traffic on them causing them all to time out. The
          > fact I could access here right away makes me think it wasn't the trunk
          > at fault

          another possibility is that one of the domain name servers in your
          ISP's loop went down and that sites serviced by that machine couldn't
          be linked till it came back on line.

          73,
          Larry - NK2X