Curious

  • gi7omy
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 5, 2008
      Is anything out of the ordinary happening this weekend?

      For some reason I can't connect to eqsl. qrz.com, hamcall.net or even
      the 30m spotter page - every one of them is timing out (which makes me
      think they're being hit hard )
    • Larry - NK2X
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 5, 2008
        gi7omy wrote:
        > Is anything out of the ordinary happening this weekend?
        >
        > For some reason I can't connect to eqsl. qrz.com, hamcall.net or even
        > the 30m spotter page - every one of them is timing out (which makes me
        > think they're being hit hard )

        I don't see anything strange, Daithi. I have accessed qrz and eqsl
        today and just double checked the spotting page...it's up to date.
        Maybe something with trans-Atlantic trunking??

        73,
        Larry - NK2X
      • Dáithí
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 5, 2008
          It cleared later Larry - this happened round 2100 - 2230 UTC - I could get to other sites, just not those ones which made me wonder if there had been a lot of traffic on them causing them all to time out. The fact I could access here right away makes me think it wasn't the trunk at fault

          Daithi

          On 06/04/2008 00:07:30, Larry - NK2X (larrycobb@...) wrote:
          > gi7omy wrote:
          > > Is anything out of the ordinary
          happening this weekend?

          > > For some reason I

          can't connect to eqsl. qrz.com, hamcall.net or even
          > > the 30m spotter
          page - every one of them is timing out (which makes me
          > > think
          they're
          > being hit hard )

          > don't see
          anything strange, Daithi.  I have accessed qrz and eqsl
          > today and
          just double checked the spotting page...it's
          > up to date.
          > Maybe
          something with trans-Atlantic trunking??

          > 73,
          > Larry -
          NK2X
        • Larry - NK2X
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 6, 2008
            Dáithí wrote:
            > It cleared later Larry - this happened round 2100 - 2230 UTC - I could
            > get to other sites, just not those ones which made me wonder if there
            > had been a lot of traffic on them causing them all to time out. The
            > fact I could access here right away makes me think it wasn't the trunk
            > at fault

            another possibility is that one of the domain name servers in your
            ISP's loop went down and that sites serviced by that machine couldn't
            be linked till it came back on line.

            73,
            Larry - NK2X