Re: Welcome New Member N3TOY

  • pa3gwh
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 2, 2008
      --- In 30meterPSKGroup@yahoogroups.com, Larry - NK2X <larrycobb@...>
      wrote:

      Hello Jamie and welcome to the group.

      If you are into Linux, I can highly reccomend the programms FLDigi and
      FL-Logbook. FLDigi has most of the Digi modes you will want to try
      (not all probably, but most) and all qso's logged with fldigi will go
      automatically to fl-logbook. Very nice set of software by W1HKJ

      73 and hope to see you on the bands soon

      Richard PA3GWH (Linux HAM)

      > Please say Howdy! to Jamie, N3TOY, from Las Vegas, NV (the city of
      > lights!). Of all the places I've lived, I liked Vegas the best because
      > there was so much to do there. They had some pretty decent schools
      > there, too, back in the late 70's.
      >
      > Jamie is a computer programmer and lists Linus as one of his hobbies.
      > He says that he's interested in finding some 30m activity ... well,
      > we've got lots of that!
      >
      > Hope to see you on the waterfall soon.
      >
      > 73,
      > Larry - NK2X

    • James R. Gorr
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 2, 2008
        Hello Richard and the group!

        Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone.

        I do use fldigi, but with xlog. It is a GREAT
        program. I have not tried fl-logbook, maybe I'll take
        a look at it and see if it works any better than Xlog.
        Xlog tends to crash if I have it poll my radio, so I
        don't do that. No need to anyway as fldigi supplies
        all the data to be logged. There is a couple little
        things I don't like about Xlog, so maybe fl-logbook
        would be better. If not, at least I could fix it to
        suit my needs.

        I use a RigBlaster Plus for the audio interface and a
        RigTalk for control and logging. I have an Icom 706
        MKIIG feeding a dipole via an SGC 239 on the roof of
        my townhouse. The dipole is feed at about the center
        of my roof and covers the roof of two neighbors on
        either side. HOA be damned! :-)

        I look forward to working you guys on the air. Thanks
        again for the warm welcome!

        Jamie