Welcome New Member N3TOY

  • Larry - NK2X
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2008
      Please say Howdy! to Jamie, N3TOY, from Las Vegas, NV (the city of
      lights!). Of all the places I've lived, I liked Vegas the best because
      there was so much to do there. They had some pretty decent schools
      there, too, back in the late 70's.

      Jamie is a computer programmer and lists Linus as one of his hobbies.
      He says that he's interested in finding some 30m activity ... well,
      we've got lots of that!

      Hope to see you on the waterfall soon.

      73,
      Larry - NK2X
    • pa3gwh
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 2, 2008
        --- In 30meterPSKGroup@yahoogroups.com, Larry - NK2X <larrycobb@...>
        wrote:

        Hello Jamie and welcome to the group.

        If you are into Linux, I can highly reccomend the programms FLDigi and
        FL-Logbook. FLDigi has most of the Digi modes you will want to try
        (not all probably, but most) and all qso's logged with fldigi will go
        automatically to fl-logbook. Very nice set of software by W1HKJ

        73 and hope to see you on the bands soon

        Richard PA3GWH (Linux HAM)

        > Please say Howdy! to Jamie, N3TOY, from Las Vegas, NV (the city of
        > lights!). Of all the places I've lived, I liked Vegas the best because
        > there was so much to do there. They had some pretty decent schools
        > there, too, back in the late 70's.
        >
        > Jamie is a computer programmer and lists Linus as one of his hobbies.
        > He says that he's interested in finding some 30m activity ... well,
        > we've got lots of that!
        >
        > Hope to see you on the waterfall soon.
        >
        > 73,
        > Larry - NK2X

      • James R. Gorr
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 2, 2008
          Hello Richard and the group!

          Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone.

          I do use fldigi, but with xlog. It is a GREAT
          program. I have not tried fl-logbook, maybe I'll take
          a look at it and see if it works any better than Xlog.
          Xlog tends to crash if I have it poll my radio, so I
          don't do that. No need to anyway as fldigi supplies
          all the data to be logged. There is a couple little
          things I don't like about Xlog, so maybe fl-logbook
          would be better. If not, at least I could fix it to
          suit my needs.

          I use a RigBlaster Plus for the audio interface and a
          RigTalk for control and logging. I have an Icom 706
          MKIIG feeding a dipole via an SGC 239 on the roof of
          my townhouse. The dipole is feed at about the center
          of my roof and covers the roof of two neighbors on
          either side. HOA be damned! :-)

          I look forward to working you guys on the air. Thanks
          again for the warm welcome!

          Jamie