Re: [30meterPSKGroup] HELL its frustrating..

  • David
    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 29, 2008
      hi Pete....tnx for the FeldHell contact....my first.....qsb quite heavy
      but we made it....

      73 David VK4BDJ

      Pete wrote:

      > hi I am on now 4:25 vk4 time 10135 de Pete zl2aub
      > >
      > > HELL of a signal...thought
      > > there might have been a VK or ZL willing to keep a guy company....
      > >
      > > 73 VK4BDJ

      > 29-03-08 5:02 PM

    • Sholto Fisher
      Message 2 of 16 , Mar 29, 2008
        I'm not hearing you guys yet in FH but I just saw VK1WJ on PSK31 so
        maybe later there will be a chance in FH too?

        73, Sholto KE7HPV.

        David wrote:
        > Hi All im cq on 10.136 TX and cant get a HELL of a signal...thought
        > there might have been a VK or ZL willing to keep a guy company....
        >
        > 73 VK4BDJ
        >
        > ------------------------------------
        >
        > Please join in on Thursday and Sunday Night 30mtr PSK activity nights, also when in the shack use the 30 mtr digital Spots page made possible by Sholto KE7HPV
        >
        > http://www.projectsandparts.com/30m/
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Laurie, VK3AMA
        Message 3 of 16 , Mar 30, 2008
          Saw you David,

          But high noise level made for only 20% copy. Worked Pete ZL2AUB, he was
          a bit better, but lost him at the end. Wasn't even sure when he stopped
          transmitting ;-) Times like this make me wish I lived in the sticks
          rather than Suburbia surrounded by power lines :-(

          73 de Laurie, VK3AMA

          > hi Pete....tnx for the FeldHell contact....my first.....qsb quite heavy
          > but we made it....
          >
          > 73 David VK4BDJ
          >

          > Pete wrote:
          >
          >> hi I am on now 4:25 vk4 time 10135 de Pete zl2aub
          >>
          >>> HELL of a signal...thought
          >>> there might have been a VK or ZL willing to keep a guy company....
          >>>
          >>> 73 VK4BDJ

          >> 29-03-08 5:02 PM
          >>

          > ------------------------------------
          >
          > Please join in on Thursday and Sunday Night 30mtr PSK activity nights, also when in the shack use the 30 mtr digital Spots page made possible by Sholto KE7HPV
          >
          > http://www.projectsandparts.com/30m/
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • David
          Message 4 of 16 , Mar 30, 2008
            Hi Laurie...you were good copy here...sri to hear you have high
            noise....Peter was my first FeldHell contact...very interesting mode...
            we'll make it one day hi hi
            73 David VK4BDJ

            Laurie, VK3AMA wrote:

            > Saw you David,
            >
            > But high noise level made for only 20% copy. Worked Pete ZL2AUB, he was
            > a bit better, but lost him at the end. Wasn't even sure when he stopped
            > transmitting ;-) Times like this make me wish I lived in the sticks
            > rather than Suburbia surrounded by power lines :-(
            >
            > 73 de Laurie, VK3AMA
            >
            > > hi Pete....tnx for the FeldHell contact....my first.....qsb quite heavy
            > > but we made it....
            > >
            > > 73 David VK4BDJ
            > >

            > > Pete wrote:
            > >
            > >> hi I am on now 4:25 vk4 time 10135 de Pete zl2aub

            > >> 29-03-08 5:02 PM
            > >>

            > > ------------------------------------
            > >
            > > Please join in on Thursday and Sunday Night 30mtr PSK activity
            > nights, also when in the shack use the 30 mtr digital Spots page made
            > possible by Sholto KE7HPV
            > >
            > > http://www.projectsandparts.com/30m/
            > <http://www.projectsandparts.com/30m/>
            > >

            > > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Darin
            Message 5 of 16 , Mar 30, 2008
              CQ-ing in Feld HELL now. 10137 + 1500

              not seeing much activity anywhere on the band though.
            • Dáithí
              Message 6 of 16 , Mar 30, 2008
                Same here - whole 3KHz section is totally dead as far as this neck of the woods goes :(

                Daithi, GI7OMY

              • Robin Hodgson
                Message 7 of 16 , Mar 30, 2008
                  Well you guys may be lucky, there is still some hope.  I have at least 3 French hams sitting happily on 10.136 having  long rag chewing sessions in SSB.
                  Completely swamps any digital signals from 10.136 to 10.140.  I guess they couldn't find a hole on the other bands owing to contests, so migrated to 30M.

                  Cheers, Robin 9H1ZZ

                  To: 30meterpskgroup@yahoogroups.com
                  From: gi7omy@...
                  Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 15:16:46 +0100
                  Subject: Re: [30meterPSKGroup] Gone to HELL

                  Same here - whole 3KHz section is totally dead as far as this neck of the woods goes :(

                  Daithi, GI7OMY

                • Dáithí
                  Message 8 of 16 , Mar 30, 2008
                    Actually they're in breach of their license conditions - NO voice operation is permitted in region 1 on 10 metres except in the case of national emergency or disaster.

                    10 MHz:

                    10100 - 10140

                    200

                    CW, QRP Centre of Activity 10116 kHz

                    10140 - 10150

                    500

                    Narrow band modes - digimodes

                    Daithi, GI7OMY

                    href="mailto:30meterpskgroup@yahoogroups.com">30meterpskgroup@yahoogroups.com

                    From: gi7omy@...
                    > Date:
                    Sun, 30 Mar 2008 15:16:46 +0100
                    > Subject: Re: [30meterPSKGroup] Gone to
                    HELL
                  • Larry - NK2X
                    Message 9 of 16 , Mar 30, 2008
                      Darin wrote:
                      > CQ-ing in Feld HELL now. 10137 + 1500
                      >
                      > not seeing much activity anywhere on the band though.

                      I am also on 10.137500 with Feld Hell right now ... very quiet

                      73,
                      Larry - NK2X
                    • David Chavez
                      Message 10 of 16 , Mar 30, 2008
                        Not getting a fuzzy feeling down here in south Texas either.
                        Dave KO5G

                        Larry - NK2X wrote:

                        > Darin wrote:
                        > > CQ-ing in Feld HELL now. 10137 + 1500
                        > >
                        > > not seeing much activity anywhere on the band though.
                        > >
                        > I am also on 10.137500 with Feld Hell right now ... very quiet
                        >
                        > 73,
                        > Larry - NK2X

                      • Jeff Moore
                        Message 11 of 16 , Mar 30, 2008
                          Larry,

                          I've been copying your exchange with KB9UM on 10.1375  --  conditions very poor.  I'm not able to copy much of your side but I'm getting about 60 to 70 % of KB9UM's side.

                          I'd jump in there but I'm not setup to Tx yet.

                          Jeff Moore  --  KE7ACY
                          30MDG#0596
                          CN94ib
                          Bend, Oregon

                          Message 12 of 16 , Mar 30, 2008
                            Jeff Moore wrote:
                            > Larry,
                            >
                            > I've been copying your exchange with KB9UM on 10.1375 -- conditions
                            > very poor. I'm not able to copy much of your side but I'm getting
                            > about 60 to 70 % of KB9UM's side.
                            >
                            > I'd jump in there but I'm not setup to Tx yet.
                            >
                            > Jeff Moore -- KE7ACY
                            > 30MDG#0596
                            > CN94ib
                            > Bend, Oregon
                            Thanks, Jeff ... OR is a haul for me this time of day on 30m. Don,
                            KB9UMT has an excellent set of antennas and always puts out a nice
                            signal ... the band seems poor today but there are still a few hours
                            left HI! This was my first time using Hell modes and to make it more
                            interesting, I was using MultiPSK for the first time, too! I had
                            previously (I thought) set up IZ8BLY's SW for this weekend but couldn't
                            get it to copy correctly. I opened MultiPSK and had it receiving in
                            just a few minutes ... was I surprised. The MultiPSK interface is hard
                            for me to use but that is just familiarity (and I've been spoiled by
                            DM780 SW which has a beautiful GUI).

                            73,
                            Larry - NK2X
                          • Leslie Elliott
                            Message 13 of 16 , Mar 30, 2008
                              Afraid the Hell Sunday was a complete bust for me.  I had my radio all set up the night before, using the IZ8BLY Hell software.  Even sent out some practice CQ's at low power, although since it was around 2AM CST, the band was apparently dead.  Anyway, when I went to see if I could hear and make some Hell contacts Sunday, my found that my external USB Soundblaster soundcard had died.  I am using a Signalink SL-1+ interface, and the external USB soundcard has RCA plug inputs and outputs.  I didn't have any Mini Phone Plug to Mini Phone Plug cables, so I was unable to hook up to my on board soundcard.   I don't think it would have made any difference if I did have the cables, as I heard absolutely no signals the several times I gave a listen.  Only a very loud Pactor? station towards the top of the band.

                              When I get my setup back in operation, maybe I can set up a schedule with someone on Hell.  I'd also like to try Olivia, as I hardly ever hear anyone using that mode, and it would be fun to get some practice using it.  I am more of a listener than a "ragchewer", and as a result, I don't have that much experience with the different digital modes and software.  I use DM-780 for most of my digital, and the learning curve is pretty big, despite the great GUI, just because there are so many "bells and whistles"!!  I keep finding a new bell or whistle almost every time I use it!

                              73 de KCØPTO
                              Les

                            • David Chavez
                              Message 14 of 16 , Mar 30, 2008
                                Hi, Les, I would more than happy to setup a Hell Feld sked with you
                                anytime. Let me know when you get back on line
                                Dave KO5G 30MDG #0094
                                ko5g@...