Re: [30meterPSKGroup] HELL its frustrating..

  • Pete
    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 29, 2008
      hi I am on now 4:25 vk4 time 10135 de Pete zl2aub

      > HELL of a signal...thought
      > there might have been a VK or ZL willing to keep a guy company....
      >
      > 73 VK4BDJ

    • David
      Message 2 of 16 , Mar 29, 2008
        hi Pete....tnx for the FeldHell contact....my first.....qsb quite heavy
        but we made it....

        73 David VK4BDJ

        Pete wrote:

        > hi I am on now 4:25 vk4 time 10135 de Pete zl2aub
        > >
        > > HELL of a signal...thought
        > > there might have been a VK or ZL willing to keep a guy company....
        > >
        > > 73 VK4BDJ

        > 29-03-08 5:02 PM

      • Sholto Fisher
        Message 3 of 16 , Mar 29, 2008
          I'm not hearing you guys yet in FH but I just saw VK1WJ on PSK31 so
          maybe later there will be a chance in FH too?

          73, Sholto KE7HPV.

          David wrote:
          > Hi All im cq on 10.136 TX and cant get a HELL of a signal...thought
          > there might have been a VK or ZL willing to keep a guy company....
          >
          > 73 VK4BDJ
          >
          > ------------------------------------
          >
          > Please join in on Thursday and Sunday Night 30mtr PSK activity nights, also when in the shack use the 30 mtr digital Spots page made possible by Sholto KE7HPV
          >
          > http://www.projectsandparts.com/30m/
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Laurie, VK3AMA
          Message 4 of 16 , Mar 30, 2008
            Saw you David,

            But high noise level made for only 20% copy. Worked Pete ZL2AUB, he was
            a bit better, but lost him at the end. Wasn't even sure when he stopped
            transmitting ;-) Times like this make me wish I lived in the sticks
            rather than Suburbia surrounded by power lines :-(

            73 de Laurie, VK3AMA

            > hi Pete....tnx for the FeldHell contact....my first.....qsb quite heavy
            > but we made it....
            >
            > 73 David VK4BDJ
            >

            > Pete wrote:
            >
            >> hi I am on now 4:25 vk4 time 10135 de Pete zl2aub
            >>
            >>> HELL of a signal...thought
            >>> there might have been a VK or ZL willing to keep a guy company....
            >>>
            >>> 73 VK4BDJ

            >> 29-03-08 5:02 PM
            >>

            > ------------------------------------
            >
            > Please join in on Thursday and Sunday Night 30mtr PSK activity nights, also when in the shack use the 30 mtr digital Spots page made possible by Sholto KE7HPV
            >
            > http://www.projectsandparts.com/30m/
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • David
            Message 5 of 16 , Mar 30, 2008
              Hi Laurie...you were good copy here...sri to hear you have high
              noise....Peter was my first FeldHell contact...very interesting mode...
              we'll make it one day hi hi
              73 David VK4BDJ

              Laurie, VK3AMA wrote:

              > Saw you David,
              >
              > But high noise level made for only 20% copy. Worked Pete ZL2AUB, he was
              > a bit better, but lost him at the end. Wasn't even sure when he stopped
              > transmitting ;-) Times like this make me wish I lived in the sticks
              > rather than Suburbia surrounded by power lines :-(
              >
              > 73 de Laurie, VK3AMA
              >
              > > hi Pete....tnx for the FeldHell contact....my first.....qsb quite heavy
              > > but we made it....
              > >
              > > 73 David VK4BDJ
              > >

              > > Pete wrote:
              > >
              > >> hi I am on now 4:25 vk4 time 10135 de Pete zl2aub

              > >> 29-03-08 5:02 PM
              > >>

              > > ------------------------------------
              > >
              > > Please join in on Thursday and Sunday Night 30mtr PSK activity
              > nights, also when in the shack use the 30 mtr digital Spots page made
              > possible by Sholto KE7HPV
              > >
              > > http://www.projectsandparts.com/30m/
              > <http://www.projectsandparts.com/30m/>
              > >

              > > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Darin
              Message 6 of 16 , Mar 30, 2008
                CQ-ing in Feld HELL now. 10137 + 1500

                not seeing much activity anywhere on the band though.
              • Dáithí
                Message 7 of 16 , Mar 30, 2008
                  Same here - whole 3KHz section is totally dead as far as this neck of the woods goes :(

                  Daithi, GI7OMY

                • Robin Hodgson
                  Message 8 of 16 , Mar 30, 2008
                    Well you guys may be lucky, there is still some hope.  I have at least 3 French hams sitting happily on 10.136 having  long rag chewing sessions in SSB.
                    Completely swamps any digital signals from 10.136 to 10.140.  I guess they couldn't find a hole on the other bands owing to contests, so migrated to 30M.

                    Cheers, Robin 9H1ZZ

                    To: 30meterpskgroup@yahoogroups.com
                    From: gi7omy@...
                    Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 15:16:46 +0100
                    Subject: Re: [30meterPSKGroup] Gone to HELL

                    Same here - whole 3KHz section is totally dead as far as this neck of the woods goes :(

                    Daithi, GI7OMY

                  • Dáithí
                    Message 9 of 16 , Mar 30, 2008
                      Actually they're in breach of their license conditions - NO voice operation is permitted in region 1 on 10 metres except in the case of national emergency or disaster.

                      10 MHz:

                      10100 - 10140

                      200

                      CW, QRP Centre of Activity 10116 kHz

                      10140 - 10150

                      500

                      Narrow band modes - digimodes

                      Daithi, GI7OMY

                      href="mailto:30meterpskgroup@yahoogroups.com">30meterpskgroup@yahoogroups.com

                      From: gi7omy@...
                      > Date:
                      Sun, 30 Mar 2008 15:16:46 +0100
                      > Subject: Re: [30meterPSKGroup] Gone to
                      HELL
                    • Larry - NK2X
                      Message 10 of 16 , Mar 30, 2008
                        Darin wrote:
                        > CQ-ing in Feld HELL now. 10137 + 1500
                        >
                        > not seeing much activity anywhere on the band though.

                        I am also on 10.137500 with Feld Hell right now ... very quiet

                        73,
                        Larry - NK2X
                      • David Chavez
                        Message 11 of 16 , Mar 30, 2008
                          Not getting a fuzzy feeling down here in south Texas either.
                          Dave KO5G

                          Larry - NK2X wrote:

                          > Darin wrote:
                          > > CQ-ing in Feld HELL now. 10137 + 1500
                          > >
                          > > not seeing much activity anywhere on the band though.
                          > >
                          > I am also on 10.137500 with Feld Hell right now ... very quiet
                          >
                          > 73,
                          > Larry - NK2X

                        • Jeff Moore
                          Message 12 of 16 , Mar 30, 2008
                            Larry,

                            I've been copying your exchange with KB9UM on 10.1375  --  conditions very poor.  I'm not able to copy much of your side but I'm getting about 60 to 70 % of KB9UM's side.

                            I'd jump in there but I'm not setup to Tx yet.

                            Jeff Moore  --  KE7ACY
                            30MDG#0596
                            CN94ib
                            Bend, Oregon

                            Message 13 of 16 , Mar 30, 2008
                              Jeff Moore wrote:
                              > Larry,
                              >
                              > I've been copying your exchange with KB9UM on 10.1375 -- conditions
                              > very poor. I'm not able to copy much of your side but I'm getting
                              > about 60 to 70 % of KB9UM's side.
                              >
                              > I'd jump in there but I'm not setup to Tx yet.
                              >
                              > Jeff Moore -- KE7ACY
                              > 30MDG#0596
                              > CN94ib
                              > Bend, Oregon
                              Thanks, Jeff ... OR is a haul for me this time of day on 30m. Don,
                              KB9UMT has an excellent set of antennas and always puts out a nice
                              signal ... the band seems poor today but there are still a few hours
                              left HI! This was my first time using Hell modes and to make it more
                              interesting, I was using MultiPSK for the first time, too! I had
                              previously (I thought) set up IZ8BLY's SW for this weekend but couldn't
                              get it to copy correctly. I opened MultiPSK and had it receiving in
                              just a few minutes ... was I surprised. The MultiPSK interface is hard
                              for me to use but that is just familiarity (and I've been spoiled by
                              DM780 SW which has a beautiful GUI).

                              73,
                              Larry - NK2X
                            • Leslie Elliott
                              Message 14 of 16 , Mar 30, 2008
                                Afraid the Hell Sunday was a complete bust for me.  I had my radio all set up the night before, using the IZ8BLY Hell software.  Even sent out some practice CQ's at low power, although since it was around 2AM CST, the band was apparently dead.  Anyway, when I went to see if I could hear and make some Hell contacts Sunday, my found that my external USB Soundblaster soundcard had died.  I am using a Signalink SL-1+ interface, and the external USB soundcard has RCA plug inputs and outputs.  I didn't have any Mini Phone Plug to Mini Phone Plug cables, so I was unable to hook up to my on board soundcard.   I don't think it would have made any difference if I did have the cables, as I heard absolutely no signals the several times I gave a listen.  Only a very loud Pactor? station towards the top of the band.

                                When I get my setup back in operation, maybe I can set up a schedule with someone on Hell.  I'd also like to try Olivia, as I hardly ever hear anyone using that mode, and it would be fun to get some practice using it.  I am more of a listener than a "ragchewer", and as a result, I don't have that much experience with the different digital modes and software.  I use DM-780 for most of my digital, and the learning curve is pretty big, despite the great GUI, just because there are so many "bells and whistles"!!  I keep finding a new bell or whistle almost every time I use it!

                                73 de KCØPTO
                                Les

                              • David Chavez
                                Message 15 of 16 , Mar 30, 2008
                                  Hi, Les, I would more than happy to setup a Hell Feld sked with you
                                  anytime. Let me know when you get back on line
                                  Dave KO5G 30MDG #0094
                                  ko5g@...