sadly missed

  • ivor peters
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 26, 2008

      m5ply@...
      hello all.
      its my sad news to pass on, that graham M5AAV died this morning.
      he will be sadly missed by us all in the group.
      r.i.p graham
      ivor m5ply
    • Dáithí
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 26, 2008
        Ivor - pass my condolences on to the family
        Requiescat in pacem

        Daithi GI7OMY

      • Jack Weber
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 26, 2008
          Hello Ivor,

              Thank you for letting the group know about Graham's sad passing this morning. I only ever knew of him through his picture and website listed at QRZ.com. It's always sad to lose a fellow operator, especially one who was well liked. Please pass on my condolences to Lizzy.
              We lost a local real old timer from one of our groups here last week. He was 90 when he became an SK and had many years of stories that he took with him. Seems like there are too many becoming SK's these days.

          73,
          Jack, N1JLW
          Biglerville, PA USA
          30 MDG # 0157
        • Larry - NK2X
          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 26, 2008
            ivor peters wrote:

            > m5ply@... <mailto:m5ply@...>
            > hello all.
            > its my sad news to pass on, that graham M5AAV died this morning.
            > he will be sadly missed by us all in the group.
            > r.i.p graham
            > ivor m5ply
            > ,___
            Graham, I hope that you very much enjoy the new antenna system and
            station kit that I know you are now using. Rest in peace knowing that
            your SWR will always be perfect and your QSL returns will be 100%. We
            will miss you! 73. M5AAV de NK2X dit dit

            73,
            Larry - NK2X
            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 26, 2008
              Ivor M5PLY,

              We have lost one heck of a Ham...I'm so very very sad to hear this
              news. Graham was a great help to me and always willing to share,
              pitch in and help (had great advice too)...and his love for radio
              always showed.

              I don't know how to honor such a fine Ham and person as Graham but my
              sympothy to his family and friends...such a big loss for us here.

              God Bless M5AAV/sk

              de kb9umt Don

              --- In 30meterPSKGroup@yahoogroups.com, Larry - NK2X <larrycobb@...>
              wrote:

              > ivor peters wrote:
              > >
              > > m5ply@... <mailto:m5ply@...>
              > > hello all.
              > > its my sad news to pass on, that graham M5AAV died this morning.
              > > he will be sadly missed by us all in the group.
              > > r.i.p graham
              > > ivor m5ply
              > > ,___
              > Graham, I hope that you very much enjoy the new antenna system and
              > station kit that I know you are now using. Rest in peace knowing
              that
              > your SWR will always be perfect and your QSL returns will be 100%.
              We
              > will miss you! 73. M5AAV de NK2X dit dit
              >
              > 73,
              > Larry - NK2X

            • Rob
              Message 6 of 12 , Mar 26, 2008
                It is with great sadness, I learn the passing of Graham today. We
                have lost a true friend .....

                Graham was always willing to help, a cheerful man with a great sense
                of humour. He will be sadly missed.

                Rest In Peace Graham M5AAV

                Rob
                ZL3RG

                Message 7 of 12 , Mar 27, 2008
                  M5AAV/SK

                  http://www.eham.net/friends/
                  look for M5AAV

                  http://www.eham.net/friends/displaystory/4069

                  I think Rob has the members list as /SK now so thanks Rob ZL3RG
                  http://www.30meterdigital.org/memberslist.html

                  I did update the 30MDG site on the donation page and also put a 'in
                  memory of M5AAV' in the bottom area with picture and info:

                  http://www.30meterdigital.org/30mdonations.html

                  This is all I know to do for now.......

                  de kb9umt Don 30MDG#0001
                  owner/moderator

                  --- In 30meterPSKGroup@yahoogroups.com, "ivor peters" <m5ply@...>
                  wrote:

                  > m5ply@...
                  > hello all.
                  > its my sad news to pass on, that graham M5AAV died this morning.
                  > he will be sadly missed by us all in the group.
                  > r.i.p graham
                  > ivor m5ply

                • ivor peters
                  Message 8 of 12 , Mar 28, 2008

                    hello to all in the group.
                    first of all, thank-you to all for the donation for flowers from the group.
                    I have spoken to his wife Liz and details of the funeral. it will take
                    place on Monday 7th April at 13:40pm, at the Burnley crematorium.
                    its also the wish of Liz, that a tree will be planted in his name.
                    m5s from this side will send donation to Liz, address in qrz callbook
                    any questions please ask
                    73 to all ivor m5ply.

                    Message 9 of 12 , Mar 25, 2009
                      GE,

                      Today marks a year that our dear friend and member Graham M5AAV went SK and I thought that it wouldn't seem right without bringing up Graham because his memory of helping me and being one of the first to help me in getting this group started that he should not be forgotten...out of respect for Graham I wanted to thank him for all his help and take time to remember all his time and kind emails with good advice.

                      Just remembering our friend today and thought I would share with those that also might be doing the same today....time seems to go by very fast.

                      de kb9umt Don 30MDG#0001

                      http://www.m5aav.org.uk/

                      http://www.m5aav.org.uk/grahamandliz

                      http://www.qrz.com/callsign/M5AAV

                      http://www.30meterdigital.org/30mdonations.html

                      --- In 30meterPSKGroup@yahoogroups.com, "ivor peters" <m5ply@...> wrote:

                      > m5ply@...
                      > hello all.
                      > its my sad news to pass on, that graham M5AAV died this morning.
                      > he will be sadly missed by us all in the group.
                      > r.i.p graham
                      > ivor m5ply

                    • ivor peters
                      Message 10 of 12 , Mar 26, 2009

                        hi don.
                        nicely put together.yes don he is in
                        my thoughts as well.
                        73 ivor/m5ply/292
                        Today marks a year that our dear friend and member Graham M5AAV went SK and I thought that it wouldn't seem right without bringing up Graham because his memory of helping me and being one of the first to help me in getting this group started that he should not be forgotten... out of respect for Graham I wanted to thank him for all his help and take time to remember all his time and kind emails with good advice.

                        Just remembering our friend today and thought I would share with those that also might be doing the same today....time seems to go by very fast.

                        de kb9umt Don 30MDG#0001

                        http://www.m5aav. org.uk/

                        http://www.m5aav. org.uk/grahamand liz

                        http://www.qrz. com/callsign/ M5AAV

                        http://www.30meterd igital.org/ 30mdonations. html

                        --- In 30meterPSKGroup@ yahoogroups. com, "ivor peters" <m5ply@...> wrote:

                        > m5ply@...
                        > hello all.
                        > its my sad news to pass on, that graham M5AAV died this morning.
                        > he will be sadly missed by us all in the group.
                        > r.i.p graham
                        > ivor m5ply

                      • Barry
                        Message 11 of 12 , Mar 26, 2009
                          > Today marks a year that our dear friend and member Graham M5AAV went SK
                          > and I thought that it wouldn't seem right without bringing up Graham
                          > because his memory of helping me and being one of the first to help me
                          > in getting this group started that he should not be forgotten...out of
                          > respect for Graham I wanted to thank him for all his help and take time
                          > to remember all his time and kind emails with good advice.
                          >
                          > Just remembering our friend today and thought I would share with those
                          > that also might be doing the same today....time seems to go by very
                          > fast.
                          >
                          > de kb9umt Don 30MDG#0001

                          Yes the year has passed by very quick Don.
                          Barry M0IOW
                        • o22sail@yahoo.com
                          Message 12 of 12 , Apr 6, 2009
                            :-(
                            I share your sentiments guys.
                            Graham was quite a character and I enjoyed that he was a such a large presence in the group.

                            Thanks for bringing this up.

                            73,
                            Trey- ki4itv
                            30MDG #0002

                            > Today marks a year that our dear friend and member Graham M5AAV went SK
                            > and I thought that it wouldn't seem right without bringing up Graham
                            > because his memory of helping me and being one of the first to help me
                            > in getting this group started that he should not be forgotten...
                            Yahoo! Groups
                            Join a group for
                            people who love cats
                            Get in Shape