Re: Re Frequencies

    Message 1 of 2 , May 17, 2007
      Hi Bernard G3SMW,

      Thanks for that post and you have good advice (sorry if I have
      confused anyone, I'm usually just excited to be on the bands making
      contacts). I'm no guru at anything but I enjoy Ham Radio and digital
      modes so as you suggested I'm at 10.140 USB +1000hz to +1500hz or at
      10.1410 to 10.1415...which as you say might be good for exact
      radiated frequency if skeds...this isn't 20 meters PSK so you will
      not see 10 or 20 PSK signals/traces so my guess is if your dial is at
      10.140 and you are using USB which I think we all are to use for PSK
      no matter the band you will see my signal in your waterfall area if
      the band conditions allow it (so far I haven't had to fight for a
      spot on 30 meters). I have rarely copied more than a few PSK 30
      meter signals on the band at once, although last night there were 4
      PSK signals all at once while I was on the band, was nice to see
      that. Hope to work you soon, I appreciate your information but if
      you put your dial on 10.140 or you radiate frequency at 10.141 as
      long as you are there and radiating with the band conditions with us
      I will be looking up and down so I hope to see your signal! Thanks
      again

      de kb9umt Don
      EN50dp - moderator
      Don't mean to confuse anyone, just get on the air and on 30 meters
      PSK dial at 10.140 USB or your radiated signal at 10.140 +1000hz to
      +1500hz or 10.141 to 10.1415...main thing is to give it a try and get
      acitve at it

      --- In 30meterPSKGroup@yahoogroups.com, "Bernard Spencer" <bjcs@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > Although we digital people have been urged by the guru's to quote
      the actual
      > Radiated Frequency when arranging skeds, and not the "Dial"
      (suppressed
      > carrier) frequency, it seems that many people still quote the Dial
      Frequency
      > without saying so.
      >
      > While Radiated Frequency is the important thing, that too needs
      saying, to
      > avoid confusion.
      > Personally I don't mind which way the frequency is quoted, as long
      as I'm
      > told which way it is.
      >
      > So for example, it is no hardship to say "USB Dial 10.140 MHz +
      1500 Hz", or
      > whatever, for those who want to quote the Dial reading.
      >
      > For those of us who prefer the actual RF, it is easy to work out
      and say
      > "10.1415 MHz (Radiated). This is fine for Narrow Band modes like
      PSK31 or