30 PSK on Thursday - be there!

    Message 1 of 6 , May 17, 2007
      GE,

      I will be on again tonight as soon after I get a few things done
      around here so I hope to make some contacts again tonight (with some
      of you would be great, or I hope the band is good enough to at least
      copy some signals or seeing some Europe DX on 30 PSK would be nice
      again..oh Band Gods be with us hihi). I know there are several
      posted they will be on tonight, that is good.

      What do you guys think about putting on our Yahoo Group Calendar and
      sending a reminder to group members that we will have a weekly "30
      PSK on Thursday" to let all members or others know that we will be
      active on 30 meters PSK on Thursday evenings all evening, would that
      be okay and a start to have a known day/evening of what we hope would
      be active PSK stations on 30 meters? Let me know your thoughts, I
      will be lookng for you....if in ragchew mode and I see signals I will
      break to ask if there are any other stations that want to join in the
      QSO (hate to have the band change 5 or 10 minutes later and miss a
      contact or someone trying to make there first few 30 meters contacts,
      so let's be polite and look and invite others if we see signals).

      Thanks again all, and if you joined in thinking you are not going to
      see any action or participation what you put into this is what you
      will get out of it, I for one will try to be active on 30 meters PSK
      or sked other digital modes.....let's get it on on 30!

      de kb9umt Don
      EN50dp - Playing in Peoria - Moderator
      ps. Any ideas or comments to produce more 30 meter activity are
      welcome here
    • irbflying
      Message 2 of 6 , May 17, 2007
        --- In 30meterPSKGroup@yahoogroups.com, "Don" <dhobson123@...> wrote:
        <snip>
        > ps. Any ideas or comments to produce more 30 meter activity are
        > welcome here

        Any ideas for an easy, inexpensive and easy to build antenna? I am
        thinking of a full wave loop or a dipole.

        Terry - AF7W
      • Lynn DeHart
        Message 3 of 6 , May 18, 2007
          --- In 30meterPSKGroup@yahoogroups.com, "Don" <dhobson123@...> wrote:
          > What do you guys think about putting on our Yahoo Group Calendar and
          > sending a reminder to group members that we will have a weekly "30
          > PSK on Thursday" to let all members or others know that we will be
          > active on 30 meters PSK on Thursday evenings all evening, would that
          > be okay and a start to have a known day/evening of what we hope would
          > be active PSK stations on 30 meters?

          Don, I think that woulod be a good idea. I know this OM needs as many
          reminders as he can get. :-) :-)

          Thursday evening works for me. Although I could not get on last night.
          A bit later in the evening would be better for me as well.

          Lets talk it up, Lynn - KB3FN
        • kartooo@netzero.com
          Message 4 of 6 , May 18, 2007
            Hi Terry,
            I did very well with a 30m wire vertical, i think it was 23ft and a
            bunch of ground radials. Used it for about 2yrs then just recently
            put up a butternut vertical that was given to me. You need lots of
            radials to make a vert work well though. i have 11 ant's here and the
            vert will always do well, usually 2S units better on dx than the di-
            poles. they love that low angle stuff hi hi. the di-poles are good
            fro steside stuff. Wire ant's are cheap and effecient !! you get some
            pride too out of something you built yourself.

            Larry N1YW

            Message 5 of 6 , May 18, 2007
              Lynn KB3FN,

              DONE, got it on our calendar so we will see this and be reminded
              weekly. Thanks

              de kb9umt Don
              EN50dp - moderator

              --- In 30meterPSKGroup@yahoogroups.com, "Lynn DeHart" <lwdehart@...>
              wrote:

              > --- In 30meterPSKGroup@yahoogroups.com, "Don" <dhobson123@> wrote:
              > > What do you guys think about putting on our Yahoo Group Calendar
              and
              > > sending a reminder to group members that we will have a
              weekly "30
              > > PSK on Thursday" to let all members or others know that we will
              be
              > > active on 30 meters PSK on Thursday evenings all evening, would
              that
              > > be okay and a start to have a known day/evening of what we hope
              would
              > > be active PSK stations on 30 meters?
              >
              > Don, I think that woulod be a good idea. I know this OM needs as
              many
              > reminders as he can get. :-) :-)
              >
              > Thursday evening works for me. Although I could not get on last
              night.
              > A bit later in the evening would be better for me as well.
              >
              > Lets talk it up, Lynn - KB3FN

            • Fr. Johnny Shepherd
              Message 6 of 6 , May 18, 2007
                30M looks totally dead here except for the brief QSO with Don. Still watching. kd5lwu DM57RI