Looking at the J5C Dxpedition numbers....30m is a good band bar none

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2008
      GE All,

      While looking up a few things when answering Sholto's question on
      PropNet I noticed the qso numbers on the J5C page..maybe some of you
      have too.

      I found that it was very interesting and if one were to take out the
      SSB voice numbers as voice is not allowed on 30m in many Countries it
      sure looks like 30m provided a good number of digital contacts only
      2nd to 20m so it sure seems like 30m should be used more under normal
      day to day communications for us digital ops yet many times during
      the weekdays anyway the 30m band is still under used compared to
      20m...30m has inceased on the weekends now.

      Just an observation.

      Thanks
      de kb9umt Don

      j5c dxpedition qso contacts breakdown

      band cw ssb fm psk31 rtty sstv total
      10m 577 315 25 6 923
      12m 691 1378 2069
      15m 3276 3618 126 836 37 7893
      17m 3830 3967 54 1699 9550
      20m 5698 7105 359 2393 15555
      30m 5193 629 2114 7936 ****
      40m 3479 4245 129 1272 9125
      80m 2125 2767 628 5520
      160m 2856 512 3368
      totals 27725 23907 25 1297 8948 37 61939

      band cw psk31 rtty total
      10m 577 6 583
      12m 691 691
      15m 3276 126 836 4238