Forward email idea from Dave G4AON.....Amtor

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2008
      Any thoughts from the group?

      *********

      Hi Don

      Having returned to digital modes from a long absence, due mainly to
      the decline in Amtor, I recently bought a second hand KAM Plus and
      find there is still ARQ activity around... Maybe those thousands of
      Amtor and Pactor (1) TNCs are still occasionally used.

      I wonder if you would consider an ARQ activity day on 30m? I'm sure
      there are lots of the older terminal units gathering dust in garages,
      lofts and shack corners that only need a connecting cable and they
      are back in use. My KAM and a friends PK232 outperform sound cards
      that we have tried for RTTY, not to mention the relatively error free
      advantage of Amtor.

      What do you think?

      73 Dave, G4AON