Re: [30meterPSKGroup] Re: My 30 meter PSK report for night of 5/16/07, it was a good night!

  • Fr. Johnny Shepherd
    Message 1 of 6 , May 17 8:41 AM
      Hi - I was on 10.140.0 all evening and the band was not real strong but there were contacts to be had with some patience. Look forwarding to working you in Florida 73 Johnny

      irbflying wrote:

      I was monitoring from 0200 to 0300 UTC and saw and heard nothing.
      What frequency are you using? 10.140, 10.141 or 10.142? Maybe it was
      just dead here in Florida.

      --- In 30meterPSKGroup@ yahoogroups. com, "Fr. Johnny Shepherd"
      <fieldservice@ ...> wrote:

      > Hi Don thanks for the great report. I didn't talk on 30M much tonight
      > but had a very nice QSO with W0HPE Jack in Kansas with a 589/599
      signal
      > nice guy and enjoyed the conversation. I saw you Don printing here in
      > Colorado but figured I would be able to print you another time. Later I
      > went to 14.070 and had a couple of QSO's fun night. 73 to all - Johnny
      > KD5LWU DM57RI Cortez, Colorado
      > Don wrote:
      > >
      > > GE,
      > >
      > > This is my first report to the group and I had lots of fun for the
      > > short amount of time on 30 meter PSK, I hope you all will pass it on
      > > that we are trying to promote more PSK and digital activity on 30
      > > meters so they will join in, look for our signals, or join this group.
      > >
      > > My 30 meter report.... 2:00 to 3:00 utc 5/17/07:
      > >
      > > CQ'd for every minute for about the first 15 minutes and thought the
      > > 30 mtr band or PSK traffic might be a lost cause again.....but
      > >
      > > K3MQ Bob from Delaware came in 599 with a very strong signal from the
      > > east coast, talked to Bob for over 10 or 15 minutes of ragchew (while
      > > talking with Bob I did then notice about 2 other PSK signals on the
      > > band)
      > >
      > > NC5O Jim from TX was next, not the strongest signal but still decent
      > > copy. Jim was using a SoftRock40 with 1.5 watts qrp power, WOW, not
      > > bad for 1.5 watts of power on his butternut vertical.
      > >
      > > K4RKM -- EM85VF -- PropNet Beacon signal copy in and out for several
      > > minutes, good copy into EN50dp here in Peoria, IL
      > >
      > > SV1ENV -- Pontazopolos in Greece contact, WOW -- now I'm hooked on 30
      > > meter PSK and will for sure be on the band for a few months to see
      > > what DX is on 30 meters. I even was able to copy his long name so
      > > the copy here was very good from Greece...was a great thrill to
      contact
      > > into Europe on 30 meter PSK.
      > >
      > > W0HPE Jack in Kansas was next and had a 599 signal that was 100% copy
      > > and very strong on the band.
      > >
      > > DG1FK -- Peter in Germany ended my night and made my night by another
      > > Europe contact on 30 meter PSK, I had a great signal on him on my
      > > loop and he had a very very nice station brag.
      > >
      > > So, that was the night here in Peoria IL EN50dp on 30 meter PSK....had
      > > lots of fun and the DX was just an added plus so I think I will keep
      > > at it for a while.
      > >
      > > Anyone else on the 30 meter band last night? Any reports? Any
      > > other skeds?
      > >
      > > I will be looking for more 30 meter PSK signals so please check in on
      > > 30 meters and look for me because I will be looking for you.
      > >
      > > Thanks
      > >
      > > De kb9umt Don
      > > Peoria IL EN50dp -- moderator
      > >
      > > Btw: station here at the time was kenwood ts-2000, MixW software, 20
      > > watts, most contacts on my 80 mtr loop ladder feed-also using
      > > Butternut vertical -- and the best thing was I was operating remote on
      > > my patio with laptop wireless to the shack in the
      basement---that' s the
      > > story/station here.

    • irbflying
      Message 2 of 6 , May 17 10:40 AM
        I'll keep monitoring 10.140 between 0200 and 0300 UTC to watch for
        activity or an opening.

        Message 3 of 6 , May 17 5:18 PM
          Calling K4RKM PSK PropNet Beacon station in the group, Welcome!

          Robert K4RKM I believe I noticed you join this 30 meter PSK group,
          are you here and reading the posts? If so, I'm wondering if you can
          give me information on your PropNet PSK Beacon station... i.e. your
          antenna, power, rig, etc (I already received your location EM85VF
          many times). I noticed your PropNet PSK Beacon station signal here
          many times on the nights I was monitoring for the last few weeks, you
          are playing in Peoria! Nice signal here and the band is open because
          I see your trail but as far as PSK activity nobody's home! I hope
          that changes and we get more PSK activity on 30 meters. If you have
          time please give us some information about your station, how long
          have you been doing PropNet PSK Beacon on 30 meters, maybe other 30
          meter PropNet Beacon station, your log or 30 meter activity with
          other stations. Thanks again for joining in.

          de kb9umt Don
          EN50DP - Playing in Peoria - moderator