Re: [30meterPSKGroup] My 30 meter PSK report for night of 5/16/07, it was a good night!

  • Fr. Johnny Shepherd
    Message 1 of 6 , May 16, 2007
      Hi Don thanks for the great report. I didn't talk on 30M much tonight but had a very nice QSO with W0HPE Jack in Kansas with a 589/599 signal  nice guy and enjoyed the conversation. I saw you Don printing here in Colorado but figured I would be able to print you another time. Later I went to 14.070 and had a couple of QSO's fun night. 73 to all - Johnny KD5LWU DM57RI Cortez, Colorado
      Don wrote:

      GE,

      This is my first report to the group and I had lots of fun for the
      short amount of time on 30 meter PSK, I hope you all will pass it on
      that we are trying to promote more PSK and digital activity on 30
      meters so they will join in, look for our signals, or join this group.

      My 30 meter report…. 2:00 to 3:00 utc 5/17/07:

      CQ'd for every minute for about the first 15 minutes and thought the
      30 mtr band or PSK traffic might be a lost cause again…..but

      K3MQ Bob from Delaware came in 599 with a very strong signal from the
      east coast, talked to Bob for over 10 or 15 minutes of ragchew (while
      talking with Bob I did then notice about 2 other PSK signals on the
      band)

      NC5O Jim from TX was next, not the strongest signal but still decent
      copy. Jim was using a SoftRock40 with 1.5 watts qrp power, WOW, not
      bad for 1.5 watts of power on his butternut vertical.

      K4RKM – EM85VF – PropNet Beacon signal copy in and out for several
      minutes, good copy into EN50dp here in Peoria, IL

      SV1ENV – Pontazopolos in Greece contact, WOW – now I'm hooked on 30
      meter PSK and will for sure be on the band for a few months to see
      what DX is on 30 meters. I even was able to copy his long name so
      the copy here was very good from Greece…was a great thrill to contact
      into Europe on 30 meter PSK.

      W0HPE Jack in Kansas was next and had a 599 signal that was 100% copy
      and very strong on the band.

      DG1FK – Peter in Germany ended my night and made my night by another
      Europe contact on 30 meter PSK, I had a great signal on him on my
      loop and he had a very very nice station brag.

      So, that was the night here in Peoria IL EN50dp on 30 meter PSK….had
      lots of fun and the DX was just an added plus so I think I will keep
      at it for a while.

      Anyone else on the 30 meter band last night? Any reports? Any
      other skeds?

      I will be looking for more 30 meter PSK signals so please check in on
      30 meters and look for me because I will be looking for you.

      Thanks

      De kb9umt Don
      Peoria IL EN50dp – moderator

      Btw: station here at the time was kenwood ts-2000, MixW software, 20
      watts, most contacts on my 80 mtr loop ladder feed-also using
      Butternut vertical – and the best thing was I was operating remote on
      my patio with laptop wireless to the shack in the basement—that' s the
      story/station here.

    • irbflying
      Message 2 of 6 , May 17, 2007
        I was monitoring from 0200 to 0300 UTC and saw and heard nothing.
        What frequency are you using? 10.140, 10.141 or 10.142? Maybe it was
        just dead here in Florida.

        --- In 30meterPSKGroup@yahoogroups.com, "Fr. Johnny Shepherd"
        <fieldservice@...> wrote:

> [...]
        > > loop and he had a very very nice station brag.
        > >
        > > So, that was the night here in Peoria IL EN50dp on 30 meter PSK....had
        > > lots of fun and the DX was just an added plus so I think I will keep
        > > at it for a while.
        > >
        > > Anyone else on the 30 meter band last night? Any reports? Any
        > > other skeds?
        > >
        > > I will be looking for more 30 meter PSK signals so please check in on
        > > 30 meters and look for me because I will be looking for you.
        > >
        > > Thanks
        > >
        > > De kb9umt Don
        > > Peoria IL EN50dp -- moderator
        > >
        > > Btw: station here at the time was kenwood ts-2000, MixW software, 20
        > > watts, most contacts on my 80 mtr loop ladder feed-also using
        > > Butternut vertical -- and the best thing was I was operating remote on
        > > my patio with laptop wireless to the shack in the

      • Fr. Johnny Shepherd
        Message 3 of 6 , May 17, 2007
          Hi - I was on 10.140.0 all evening and the band was not real strong but there were contacts to be had with some patience. Look forwarding to working you in Florida 73 Johnny

          <fieldservice@ ...> wrote:

> [...]
          > > loop and he had a very very nice station brag.
          > >
          > > So, that was the night here in Peoria IL EN50dp on 30 meter PSK....had
          > > lots of fun and the DX was just an added plus so I think I will keep
          > > at it for a while.
          > >
          > > Anyone else on the 30 meter band last night? Any reports? Any
          > > other skeds?
          > >
          > > I will be looking for more 30 meter PSK signals so please check in on
          > > 30 meters and look for me because I will be looking for you.
          > >
          > > Thanks
          > >
          > > De kb9umt Don
          > > Peoria IL EN50dp -- moderator
          > >
          > > Btw: station here at the time was kenwood ts-2000, MixW software, 20
          > > watts, most contacts on my 80 mtr loop ladder feed-also using
          > > Butternut vertical -- and the best thing was I was operating remote on
          > > my patio with laptop wireless to the shack in the

        • irbflying
          Message 4 of 6 , May 17, 2007
            I'll keep monitoring 10.140 between 0200 and 0300 UTC to watch for
            activity or an opening.

            Message 5 of 6 , May 17, 2007
              Calling K4RKM PSK PropNet Beacon station in the group, Welcome!

              Robert K4RKM I believe I noticed you join this 30 meter PSK group,
              are you here and reading the posts? If so, I'm wondering if you can
              give me information on your PropNet PSK Beacon station... i.e. your
              antenna, power, rig, etc (I already received your location EM85VF
              many times). I noticed your PropNet PSK Beacon station signal here
              many times on the nights I was monitoring for the last few weeks, you
              are playing in Peoria! Nice signal here and the band is open because
              I see your trail but as far as PSK activity nobody's home! I hope
              that changes and we get more PSK activity on 30 meters. If you have
              time please give us some information about your station, how long
              have you been doing PropNet PSK Beacon on 30 meters, maybe other 30
              meter PropNet Beacon station, your log or 30 meter activity with
              other stations. Thanks again for joining in.

              de kb9umt Don
              EN50DP - Playing in Peoria - moderator