RE: 30 meter email alert

    Message 1 of 1013 , Dec 4, 2007
      Sholto,
      I don't know about anyone else on the list but I don't have a lot
      of 'FREE' time so something like this to give me the heads up would
      for sure be a very neat and wanted advantage for me...I would try it
      and use it (depending on costs and all). If you do go to do this put
      me down as one that would give it a go because if the band is in
      great shape or there is a station/country I'm looking for I think
      this would be really neat!

      de kb9umt Don EN50dp 30MDG#0001
      moderator

      --- In 30meterPSKGroup@yahoogroups.com, "Sholto Fisher" <sholto@...>
      wrote:

      > Hello everyone,
      >
      > I have an idea and wanted to get some feedback before implementing
      it. Would
      > anyone be interested in receiving an email or cell phone SMS alert
      when
      > conditions on 30m are "happening" or a specific entity shows up?
      >
      > With the autospot software it is possible to measure the number of
      different
      > stations transmitting in a given time period.
      >
      > So say, there were 20 different calls in 5 minutes, maybe that
      would
      > indicate a good time to get on the band?
      >
      > The alert could also be programmed to look for a certain entity
      callsign -
      > so if you wanted South Africa, you would get an email when a Zulu
      Sierra
      > turned up (if it was spotted by someone within a "close" distance
      to you).

      > Depending on the feedback I will look into implementing this. I
      don't intend
      > to charge anything for it because there is no way to guarantee
      anything, but
      > it's possible that using SMS would involve a charge.
      >
      > 73 Sholto
      > KE7HPV.

    • graham787
      Message 1013 of 1013 , Dec 27, 2016