Re: [30meterPSKGroup] Re: File - Any Reports on 30 mtr contacts?

  • Sholto Fisher
    Message 1 of 1013 , Dec 4, 2007
      Hello everyone,

      I have an idea and wanted to get some feedback before implementing it. Would
      anyone be interested in receiving an email or cell phone SMS alert when
      conditions on 30m are "happening" or a specific entity shows up?

      With the autospot software it is possible to measure the number of different
      stations transmitting in a given time period.

      So say, there were 20 different calls in 5 minutes, maybe that would
      indicate a good time to get on the band?

      The alert could also be programmed to look for a certain entity callsign -
      so if you wanted South Africa, you would get an email when a Zulu Sierra
      turned up (if it was spotted by someone within a "close" distance to you).

      Depending on the feedback I will look into implementing this. I don't intend
      to charge anything for it because there is no way to guarantee anything, but
      it's possible that using SMS would involve a charge.

      73 Sholto
      KE7HPV.
    • graham787
      Message 1013 of 1013 , Dec 27, 2016