Re: Web Site Forum Link?

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 3, 2007
      Hi Larry NK2X (and all),

      I have to tell you after last night of trying again for the 2nd night
      in a row to get to that new forum's admin panel to try to make one of
      you admin/mod with no luck I was very upset with it. I decided last
      night before going to bed that with no luck of changing anything I
      would just link back here to this Yahoo 30m PSK Forum...so that is what
      I did.

      I finally just tonight was able to post a message to the other new
      forum and I even finally got to the admin panel and I hope changed both
      you and Trey to admin's and moderators of that new forum. See if you
      have rights not to change things or make that one work. I really don't
      have the time for both forums so I will leave the new one up to you and
      Trey and if you can improve on it then link back up to it..is that
      okay? I really have dedicated all the free time I have to the new
      30MDG website, new applicants/certificates, and this Yahoo 30m PSK
      Group forum (I also run a couple other Yahoo forums/groups and the
      largest one that takes even more time than all these being the
      http://www.HamRadioHelp.com Ham Radio Help Yahoo Group w/over 3,200
      members).

      Thanks for the post and I was going to post this today but again if you
      can get things going we will link back up to it on the 30MDG website to
      that new forum.

      de kb9umt Don EN50dp moderator
      30MDG#0001 http://www.30meterdigital.org

      --- In 30meterPSKGroup@yahoogroups.com, Larry - NK2X <larrycobb@...>
      wrote:

      > For some reason, when I click the link to the forum on the web site,
      it
      > goes to an intermediate page and then displays the Yahoo group home
      page
      > at the bottom of that web page. Is the forum kaput?
      >
      > 73,
      > Larry - NK2X

    • Larry - NK2X
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 4, 2007
        Don wrote:
        > Hi Larry NK2X (and all),
        >
        > I have to tell you after last night of trying again for the 2nd night
        > in a row to get to that new forum's admin panel to try to make one of
        > you admin/mod with no luck I was very upset with it. I decided last
        > night before going to bed that with no luck of changing anything I
        > would just link back here to this Yahoo 30m PSK Forum...so that is what
        > I did.
        >
        > I finally just tonight was able to post a message to the other new
        > forum and I even finally got to the admin panel and I hope changed both
        > you and Trey to admin's and moderators of that new forum. See if you
        > have rights not to change things or make that one work. I really don't
        > have the time for both forums so I will leave the new one up to you and
        > Trey and if you can improve on it then link back up to it..is that
        > okay? I really have dedicated all the free time I have to the new
        > 30MDG website, new applicants/certificates, and this Yahoo 30m PSK
        > Group forum (I also run a couple other Yahoo forums/groups and the
        > largest one that takes even more time than all these being the
        > http://www.HamRadioHelp.com Ham Radio Help Yahoo Group w/over 3,200
        > members).
        >
        > Thanks for the post and I was going to post this today but again if you
        > can get things going we will link back up to it on the 30MDG website to
        > that new forum.
        >
        > de kb9umt Don EN50dp moderator
        > 30MDG#0001 http://www.30meterdigital.org

        Don, I'd be happy to help in any way I can and I certainly have the time
        to moderate on the group's web forum. I still can't get into the forum
        because the link is pointing at the Yahoo group page but when things are
        squared away, I'll try to sort things out and get it rolling to see if
        it will work. I have a feeling many of the Yahoo group people prefer to
        use the mailing/reflector list rather than the forum but we will see...

        73,
        Larry - NK2X
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 4, 2007
          Hi Larry,

          The other new Forum site is http://digitalon30m.forumup.com that
          should get you there. If I have time in the next few days I will
          have the page link back up to that but again only if someone takes
          lead on that...I appreciate you doing that and I have made both you
          and Trey as admin/moderators of that so see if that is the case or if
          I need to try again at it. I again think having both forums are fine
          both one here to catch those that Yahoo or are in Yahoo Groups and
          one direct on the site...the forum up is a free service (although
          lots of ads and popups) but others might find it useful or some just
          don't like to join up here at Yahoo so I think it might work out I
          just don't have the time to dedicate to it is all I'm trying to say.
          Okay, thanks again Larry and talk to you soon, you can direct email
          me if you want to talk off list about this... kb9umt@... Thanks

          de kb9umt Don EN50dp 30MDG#0001
          moderator