DX Stations welcome and Spot Page

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 2, 2007
      GA,

      I thought yesterday I would take a few hours to try to translate our
      homepage in a few different languages (well, actually it might have
      taken longer than just a few hours as I could only translate a number
      of words at a time). So, if you have time please give this a look
      over and for sure those of you already here that are DX outside USA
      that use languages of Spanish, French, German, Dutch, Swedish,
      Portuguese, Itailian, Russian, Japanese, Arabic, etc....please look
      it over and I hope it might help others outside the USA or non-
      English DX stations feel more welcome as we sure DO want to include
      them here.

      http://www.30meterdigital.org

      I think it would be nice to have maybe a couple dedicated Hams that
      speak a specific language dedicated as 'contact' people so if there
      are questions they can ask in their own language, agreed? I will
      work on that in the next month or two and try to have again dedicated
      contact folks.. I.E. for our FRENCH page a stations from France or
      Canada that can speak french be a contact on that page with their
      email address for questions. I thought maybe translating some of
      what is on our homepage and what we are about and tring to do might
      help others outside the U.S.A., hope you agree and your comments or
      feedback welcome (any DX station knowing another language please
      email kb9umt@... if you would like to be a contact person as
      stated).

      Sholto's Spot Page....Sholto, can you please also add below the 30
      Meter PSK Yahoo Group link a link to www.30meterdigital.org ?? Would
      that be okay if you have time to do that? I would appreciate it.

      Tim, N9PUZ...I really appreciate you dedicating 'auto' Spot Reports
      to show the band's activity. It really does show us a few things. I
      have noticed some DX show up at times I would not normally look for
      them, I have noticed many times there are CQs but no replies so we
      sure could use some more dedicated 30 meter ops in my view to answer
      those replies, I noticed that next time I want to make contact with
      you 70 miles south of me or so that I will try my vertical to you as
      it seems you Spot me when using the vertical but do not see my
      signals on my 30m rotatable dipole...but again THANK YOU for your
      Spots Tim and Sholto for a way to interface this neat idea...again,
      anyone in EU anyone in EU or SA that would like to help on
      the 'auto' spots on our 30m Spot Page??

      Thanks
      de kb9umt Don EN50dp
      30MDG#0001 http://www.30meterdigital.org
      ps. will be on the band tonight so hope to see some of you, the ice
      here didn't get the large 30m rotatable dipole up on the tower so we
      are still ready to go here in EN50dp (now if it would stop
      storming/lightening..humm, in December?)
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 3, 2007
        GE,
        As of yet no feedback on the new webpages for other languages...is
        there any Hams here DX or otherwise that speak Spanish or French that
        can proof read the translations pages? I would appreciate knowing
        that they are somewhat correct. Thanks to anyone for the help...you
        can go here:

        http://www.30meterdigital.org/30MDXTRANSLATEHOMEPAGE.html

        Thanks
        de kb9umt Don EN50dp moderator

        --- In 30meterPSKGroup@yahoogroups.com, "Don" <dhobson123@...> wrote:

        > GA,
        >
        > I thought yesterday I would take a few hours to try to translate
        our
        > homepage in a few different languages (well, actually it might have
        > taken longer than just a few hours as I could only translate a
        number
        > of words at a time). So, if you have time please give this a look
        > over and for sure those of you already here that are DX outside USA
        > that use languages of Spanish, French, German, Dutch, Swedish,
        > Portuguese, Itailian, Russian, Japanese, Arabic, etc....please look
        > it over and I hope it might help others outside the USA or non-
        > English DX stations feel more welcome as we sure DO want to include
        > them here.
        >
        > http://www.30meterdigital.org
        >
        > I think it would be nice to have maybe a couple dedicated Hams that
        > speak a specific language dedicated as 'contact' people so if there
        > are questions they can ask in their own language, agreed? I will
        > work on that in the next month or two and try to have again
        dedicated
        > contact folks.. I.E. for our FRENCH page a stations from France or
        > Canada that can speak french be a contact on that page with their
        > email address for questions. I thought maybe translating some of
        > what is on our homepage and what we are about and tring to do might
        > help others outside the U.S.A., hope you agree and your comments or
        > feedback welcome (any DX station knowing another language please
        > email kb9umt@... if you would like to be a contact person as
        > stated).
      • Tim N9PUZ
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 7, 2007
          For those that do not know I am in grid square EM59ft. That is about
          3-4 miles straight East of Springfield, IL just about in the center of
          the state. We live in the country and have electrically quiet
          conditions here most of the time.

          My main station is modest but has served me well. The 30 meter
          spotting is done with a GAP Titan DX vertical and an Icom IC-718
          transceiver. The vertical probably favors DX over the closer stations
          like Don.

          This morning I upgraded the spotting program to Sholto's latest
          version. I don't know all the particulars but this latest version is
          supposed to reduce duplicate spots to keep the web page uncluttered.

          It's been interesting to see what the auto-spotter hears. Like Don I
          see activity at times I wouldn't have normally thought might be
          productive. For the time being I plan to keep the auto-spotter active
          except when there are storms in the area or times when I can actually
          go operate myself.

          Another thing that's interesting is to look at some of the propagation
          tools available. I did _not_ want to be an expert in this area. If
          you're of a like mind then check out the information here for a nice,
          no cost tool...

          <http://n9puz.blogspot.com/2006/07/simple-rf-propagation-tool.html>

          <http://www.n9puz.com/software.html>

          73,