30 meter 10.140 Sunday Night PSK Night-Join in

    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 2, 2007
      30 meter 10.140 Sunday Night PSK Night-Join in
      Date: Sunday December 2, 2007
      Time: All Day
      Author: kb9umt
      Repeat: Cet événement se répète chaque semaine.
      Type: Net Event
      Reminder: There is a reminder set for 1 hour before this event.
      Location: 10.140 USB +/- 1000 BPSK31
      Please join our group Sunday Night 2300 to 0500 UTC or post this to any
      digital Ham Radio website to invite others to join in. let's get active
      on 30 mtr PSK, great band! Make it a time to help increase PSK activity
      on 10mhz, ragchew, check band conditions, PropNet PSK Stations, or work
      some DX 30 meters.
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 9, 2007
        GM ALL,

        If you have time today please get on the band and take a few hours to
        drum up some digital band activity and fun. I have been to a few Ham
        sites and trying to promote Sunday and Thursday 30 Meter PSK Nights so
        please again if you have an hour or two then get on 30 Meters and make
        some noise either in the afternoon or later tonight...band seems to be
        in good shape and I have a some very nice ragchews yesterday so hope
        today is as good and maybe we can promote the use of 30 Meters to
        others if they see the activity and let them know that 30 Meters is a
        great band to be working digital on. Thanks again and I appreciate
        everyone that participates both here and for sure getting on the
        band/air.

        One more note...I'm not sure why but this crazy Yahoo Calendar here
        isn't sending reminders from our Calendar as it should be doing this
        automatic but I will try to remember if it doesn't send a reminder I
        will.

        de kb9umt Don EN50dp 30MDG#0001
        owner/moderator

        30 meter 10.140 Sunday Night PSK Night-Join in
        Date: Sunday December 9, 2007
        Author: kb9umt
        Repeat: This event repeats every week.
        Type: Net Event
        Reminder: There is a reminder set for 1 hour before this event.
        Location: 10.140 USB +/- 1000 BPSK31
        Please join our group Sunday Night 2300 to 0500 UTC or post this to any
        digital Ham Radio website to invite others to join in. let's get active
        on 30 mtr PSK, great band! Make it a time to help increase PSK activity
        on 10mhz, ragchew, check band conditions, PropNet PSK Stations, or work
        some DX 30 meters.
        http://www.projectsandparts.com/30m/
      • Tim N9PUZ
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 9, 2007
          Don wrote:
          > GM ALL,
          >
          > If you have time today please get on the band and take a few hours to
          > drum up some digital band activity and fun.

          We're all iced in here in Springfield, IL. 1/4 inch already and it's
          still coming down. Hope to be on in the afternoon if the antennas stay up.

          I did go off 30 Meters for a while last night. Made about 8 CW
          contacts for the ARRL 10 Meter contest. No serious effort on my part,
          just handing out a few contacts.

          Tim, N9PUZ
          Web: <http://www.n9puz.com>
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 9, 2007
            Tim N9PUZ,

            We have you now where we want you in the shack..hihi..just kidding
            but hope the antennas make it and if you have time and nothing else
            to do put your 'auto' for the Spot Page on or better yet get on the
            band!

            I have to tell you we have ice here just to the north of you but
            nothing like you are getting south of us. I work for the local
            utility company so lots of wires down (I can see that from the outage
            maps..be thankful if you have electric right now). My vertical here
            in EN50dp is not so vertical at the moment and my make-shift 30M
            rotatable dipole on the tower is looking like an upside down U of
            sorts but so far they are still up.

            I will try to get on the band for a few hours either this afternoon
            or late tonight...if nothing loads I know my rain gutter will load on
            30M so we will use what we can...that or the loop....attic
            loop...random wire....the pool tie down wire...the shed...whatever we
            can load with the old dentron but we will be on the band today.

            Oh yes...funny how 10 Meters is open when there is a big contest...I
            think bands are open more often than we know we just don't use them
            enough...the light is on but no one is home kind of thing! 30 Meters
            is alot like that, band is in great shape many times and the light is
            on but no one is home..hihi...GL on the band Tim

            de kb9umt Don EN50dp 30MDG#0001
            moderator/owner

            --- In 30meterPSKGroup@yahoogroups.com, Tim N9PUZ <tim.n9puz@...>
            wrote:

            > Don wrote:
            > > GM ALL,
            > >
            > > If you have time today please get on the band and take a few
            hours to
            > > drum up some digital band activity and fun.
            >
            > We're all iced in here in Springfield, IL. 1/4 inch already and
            it's
            > still coming down. Hope to be on in the afternoon if the antennas
            stay up.

            > I did go off 30 Meters for a while last night. Made about 8 CW
            > contacts for the ARRL 10 Meter contest. No serious effort on my
            part,
            > just handing out a few contacts.
            >
            > Tim, N9PUZ
            > Web: <http://www.n9puz.com>

          • Tim N9PUZ
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 9, 2007
              Don wrote:

              > We have you now where we want you in the shack..hihi..just kidding
              > but hope the antennas make it and if you have time and nothing else
              > to do put your 'auto' for the Spot Page on or better yet get on the
              > band!

              I was actually supposed to go to Peoria, actually Creve Cour, today
              but the ice nixed those travel plans. Will probably be in the shack by
              around 1:30pm Central time.

              > nothing like you are getting south of us. I work for the local
              > utility company so lots of wires down (I can see that from the outage
              > maps..be thankful if you have electric right now). My vertical here
              > in EN50dp is not so vertical at the moment and my make-shift 30M
              > rotatable dipole on the tower is looking like an upside down U of
              > sorts but so far they are still up.

              Antennas are still in good shape. I could get out and drive if I had
              too. We have a generator here "just in case" and about 24 hours of
              fuel without any siphoning required.

              > Oh yes...funny how 10 Meters is open when there is a big contest...I
              > think bands are open more often than we know we just don't use them
              > enough...the light is on but no one is home kind of thing! 30 Meters
              > is alot like that, band is in great shape many times and the light is
              > on but no one is home..hihi...GL on the band Tim

              I've probably logged about a dozen stations total now. 10 Meters has
              been pretty much without noise which is good -- all stations but one
              were very good copy but zero S-Meter readings.

              Tim, N9PUZ -- Look for me later this afternoon.