Re: [30meterPSKGroup] Question for the group

  • n5ztw@texasdata.net
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 1, 2007
      I don't see why it would be illegal it's MFSK16.
      If it is not legal, I have broken the law.
      I have seen some PSK signals that scribe "73" on the
      waterfall at the end of a qso so MFSK16 SSTV should be OK.
      Delbert N5ZTW

      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 1, 2007
        Hi Delbert, well that's the thing, it isn't MFSK16 or even digital. It is
        just analogue SSTV so I was just checking with more knowledgeable folks!

        73 Sholto.

      • n5ztw@texasdata.net
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 1, 2007
          I tested it with one other ham and it looked and sounded
          like MFSK16 to me except you got a pic instead of text.
          Delbert N5ZTW

          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 2, 2007
            Delbert and Sholto,

            Thanks for posting that question and the answer to using MFSK16 but
            sending SSTV type pictures...now another question:

            How do you do what using MFSK16? Could one of you 'old school' us on
            how that is done because over the many years of digital modes used
            here in EN50dp I don't think I have ever tried that before and that
            sounds interesting to me (regular SSTV many many times but not via
            MFSK). Can you give/list step by step how you actually send a pic
            using MFSK16? I think this would be a fun activity on 30 meters.

            de kb9umt Don EN50dp
            30MDG#0001
            owner/moderator

            --- In 30meterPSKGroup@yahoogroups.com, "n5ztw@..." <n5ztw@...> wrote:

            > I tested it with one other ham and it looked and sounded
            > like MFSK16 to me except you got a pic instead of text.
            > Delbert N5ZTW

          • Jerry W
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 2, 2007
              Don,

              MixW and Multipsk have the SSTV for MFSK16

              On MixW find a image bmp or jpg:

              From the MixW help file, MFSK image mode:
              The pictures should be small, no larger than about 250 x 200 pixels.
              The operation is much easier if the picture is put in the MixW folder,
              but that is not required.

              The sending station should inform the receiving station that a picture
              is about to be sent. Then the sending operator should select File |
              Send Picture and then choose B/W... or Color.... The following dialog
              box will open. (There is a image in the MixW help file shows the file
              being selected), but open the image and a dialog will appear to send
              image.

              Multipsk open the help file, and MFSK16, the information is there.

              Works kind of neat, but the signals have to be 569 or better or the
              image will not be received by the other station.

              Jerry - K0HZI

              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 2, 2007
                Jerry K0HZI,

                Thanks for the information, I have never tried sending a pic using
                MFSK but will have to reseach and try what you have mentioned, thanks
                again.

                de kb9umt Don EN50dp
                30MDG#0001 http://www.30meterdigital.org

                --- In 30meterPSKGroup@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry W" <k0hzi.mn@...>