Antarctica

  • signalhz@1791.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 28, 2014
      I'm noticing I'm not getting credit in the U30 program for a Antarctica
      station. The call is RI1ANT. Is it not on Antarctica?

      73 Eddy N4ABN
    • kb9umt
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 28, 2014

        Hi Eddy N4ABN,

        What Award are you trying to use R1ANT Antarctica for U30?

        Thanks

        Don KB9UMT 30MDG#0001

        www.30mdg.org

      • Johann PESSMANN
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 28, 2014
        • 1 Attachment
        • 40 KB
        Yes of course, Eddy,

        RI1ANT is ANTARCTICA, CQZ 29, ITUZ 69.
        I didn’t know, respectively U30 didn’t know...

        Save (replace) the attached DXCCS.txt in your U30 folder and all will be good.

        73 de JOHN, OE3JPK

            Message 6 of 11 , Apr 28, 2014
              Hi Eddy,
              RI1ANT counts for all Awards as ANTARCTICA.
              Maybe in your Log an other call counts for ANTARCTICA in WAC...?

              73 de JOHN, OE3JPK

              Message 7 of 11 , Apr 28, 2014
                Hi John,

                In the WAC award only Antarctica is showing that it is needed. I already have the award but it's only showing I have 6 continents.

                73 Eddy N4ABN

                Sent from my iPhone

                Message 8 of 11 , Apr 28, 2014

                  Eddy N4ABN,

                  When setup originally pushing digital modes on 30m  it was thought Antarctica for digital 30mdg WAC (soundcard modes) too hard so only needed 6 to qualify for WAC...of course shortly after starting the 30mdg Award Program we had to of course include the original digital mode of CW so 7 is doable and CW also counts but not needed for 30mdg WAC...see below:

                  http://www.30mdg.org/wac.html

                  W.A.C

                  Work any 6  Continents on 30 Meters Digital Modes

                  Don KB9UMT 30MDG#0001
                  www.30mdg.org

                • signalhz@1791.com
                  Message 9 of 11 , Apr 28, 2014
                    Hi Don,

                    Ok. I already have the award. But don't you guys want to know it's not recognizing Antarctica?

                    I got all 7 and the award program is only recognizing 6 and not the Antarctica call. RI1ANT

                    73 Eddy N4ABN

                    Sent from my iPhone

                    Message 10 of 11 , Apr 29, 2014

                      Eddy N4ABN,

                      Thanks and yes we want to know if something isn't working but this is working as designed....you only need 6 which you had at the time of your application and then issued so all is good.  I could delete your WAC in our 30MDG Awards program database then if you wait until a U30 update I would bet the U30 would then see your 7th or Antarctica.  Thanks again and hope I'm explaining this right.

                      Don KB9UMT

                      Below again as stated on the 30MDG site/Award pages....only need 6 for 30MDG WAC.

                      Message 11 of 11 , Apr 29, 2014
                        Hi Don,

                        John & I got it worked out. It recognizes it. Not sure why it didn't before but it does now.

                        73 Eddy N4ABN

                        Sent from my iPhone