activity on 30m

  • johngm_au
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 12, 2014

      Hi all...

      I still listen around on 30m but generally hear nothing ,except  PSK and RTTY, both of these modes are to fast for my typing and I am not into heavy macro use(except JT65), maybe I have to change my thinking....I am surprised I don't hear a bit more, as I can hear a few US and others on JT65 at reasonable dB levels......also thought I might pick up a few more RSID signals(but nothing) even if  not quite able to copy the transmission.....Its a curious situation on 30m..

      John

    • Scott
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 12, 2014
        Hi John, I find that sometimes it's best to just call CQ in whatever mode you may be interested in working.

        On the higher bands like 12 and 10 people may not realize the band is open.

        On 30 people may be just looking for people calling CQ.

        I like calling CQ because you never know who is going to answer.

        I don't see any alternative to either learning to type or using macros other than to stay with JT65.

        Setting up the macros may be easier.

        I haven't set up all of my macros yet so I use a combination of manual typing and macros.

        73 and good dx.

        Scott KT1B Haverhill, MA

        To: 30MDG@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 12, 2014

          Hi all..

          Yes I agree about calling CQ,,,,I have at times called...Olivia, MFSK.....and then had a look at PSKreporter to see if there were any spots......but nothing, maybe conditions at the right times not quite good enough...

          John