30m PSK31 web-receiver

  • pa3gwh
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 19, 2013
      Hi,

      as some may have noticed the web-receiver at http://30mdg.pa3gwh.com was down.

      The shack computer had a broken hard-disk. Most files could be recovered via backups but reconfiguring the system took some time.

      If all is well, the web-receiver is back online now. If anyone could test I'd appreciate that.

      If there is anyone out there that wants to run his or her own web-receiver, please let me or Don KB9UMT know. We will provide you with the software and installation help if needed ;-)

      You will need a dedicated receiver, mine runs off an $88 Soft66 SDR receiver (found here http://www.ebay.com/itm/Soft66LC4-with-case-Software-defined-Radio-/200962283635?pt=US_Ham_Radio_Receivers&hash=item2eca491873) but any old SW receiver or ham TRX will do. Furthermore you will need a computer with a soundcard running either Linux or Windows (not sure about MAC) and a HTTP server like Apache or ISS.

      It is fun to see your signal getting through in other parts of the world, try it!

      Thanks,

      Richard PA3GWH
    • kb9umt
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 21, 2013

        Hi Richard PA3GWH,

        Was working good here when I used the 30m PSK rcvr yesterday.....thanks again.

        Don KB9UMT 30MDG#0001

        www.30mdg.net

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 29, 2013
          rgr Don, thanks.

          Everything should be back to normal now. Had to fiddle with the settings a bit because the frequency readout on the waterfall was incorrect, but I think that is fixed now.

          Please let me know if there is a problem still.

          73 de Richard PA3GWH