Spotting the digital modes

  • John M
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 22, 2013
      Hi All...

      Every time I look at the numbers of operators logged into the WSPR mode is amazing, but do we really need that many.
      I know people leave wspr on while doing other things in the shack which is good.
      What I would like to see is people using groups like this one leaving there digi mode software on and using the RSID to move around the Passband spotting while your doing other things..

      It would be good to know if using say Olivia that it is making it into other countries...I don't think we would be interfering in someones QSO because that is the whole idea, to spot and chat..if at all possible.

      I have mentioned this elsewhere but nothing ever seems to happen..

      We just have to pick a place on the band and use that small section so its easy for everyone to have there Passbands in the same area..

      For me I try to leave my FLDigi set to 10.142 when not actually operating...

      John
    • rich3x
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 3, 2013
        --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, "John M" <vk2fak@...> wrote:
        John: I have never used FLDigi, is it compatible with the ICOM IC-7000 transceiver? Rather than waste time downloading and installing, thought I's better as a user first.

        Tnank you, Richard/N2JR

        > Hi All...
        >
        > Every time I look at the numbers of operators logged into the WSPR mode is amazing, but do we really need that many.
        > I know people leave wspr on while doing other things in the shack which is good.
        > What I would like to see is people using groups like this one leaving there digi mode software on and using the RSID to move around the Passband spotting while your doing other things..
        >
        > It would be good to know if using say Olivia that it is making it into other countries...I don't think we would be interfering in someones QSO because that is the whole idea, to spot and chat..if at all possible.
        >
        > I have mentioned this elsewhere but nothing ever seems to happen..
        >
        > We just have to pick a place on the band and use that small section so its easy for everyone to have there Passbands in the same area..
        >
        > For me I try to leave my FLDigi set to 10.142 when not actually operating...
        >
        > John

      • airratt
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 3, 2013
          I use it with my IC-756 Pro3 and when I had a IC-7000 I used it with it also. I haven't been able to figure out the rig control with it but that's because I didn't spend much time trying to figure it out. I use HRD and DX LabSuite.

          73 Eddy N4ABN

          On Tuesday, September 03, 2013 at 2:10 PM, "rich3x" <rh3x@...> wrote:

          --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, "John M" <vk2fak@...> wrote:
          John: I have never used FLDigi, is it compatible with the ICOM IC-7000 transceiver? Rather than waste time downloading and installing, thought I's better as a user first.

          Tnank you, Richard/N2JR

          > Hi All...
          >
          > Every time I look at the numbers of operators logged into the WSPR mode is amazing, but do we really need that many.
          > I know people leave wspr on while doing other things in the shack which is good.
          > What I would like to see is people using groups like this one leaving there digi mode software on and using the RSID to move around the Passband spotting while your doing other things..
          >
          > It would be good to know if using say Olivia that it is making it into other countries...I don't think we would be interfering in someones QSO because that is the whole idea, to spot and chat..if at all possible.
          >
          > I have mentioned this elsewhere but nothing ever seems to happen..
          >
          > We just have to pick a place on the band and use that small section so its easy for everyone to have there Passbands in the same area..
          >
          > For me I try to leave my FLDigi set to 10.142 when not actually operating...
          >
          > John

        • rich3x
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 4, 2013
            Thanks Eddy, that answers my question ...I'll stick with HRD and MultiPSK.

            Richard N2JR