RE: [30MDG] JT65 Freq above 10.140

  • Robin Hodgson
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 14, 2013
      60 meter transmission is not allowed here.

      To: 30mdg@yahoogroups.com
      From: scott_currier@...
      Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 19:44:17 +0000
      Subject: RE: [30MDG] JT65 Freq above 10.140

      I find that 138.5 is a good spot if you want to work above and  below at the same time.

      With the VFO set to 10.138.5, I just find a spot just above the WSPR and below psk31 and call CQ there.

      BTW just curious Robin, do you op 60 meters at all?

      I've worked a few countries on cw, digital, and ssb but not much. Could use 9H.

      73 and have a nice evening.

      To: 30mdg@yahoogroups.com
      From: robin_a_hodgson@...
      Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 15:14:49 +0200

      Hi Don, good to know you are watching.

      But remember, if you are using JT65-HF, that the reporting shows your DIAL frequency and the DT offset.  You need to compute the actual frequency by adding an extra 1270 Hz.
      So typically DIAL 10.1385 MHz with +230 DT offset, equates to 10.1400 (if my math is correct) as the ACTUAL lowest transmit frequency.

      However, if you are using WSJTX v1.1 the reporting picks up and computes the ACTUAL frequency, but it also tells you the Dial and Offset (I think..... I haven't installed it yet).

      To make it simpler, just get the WSPR stations on the waterfall and look a few Hz higher

      Give me a call if you see me there.

      73  Robin, 9H1ZZ

      To: 30MDG@yahoogroups.com
      From: don@...
      Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 09:12:36 +1200

      I watch the hamspots web page and as of yet haven’t seen anyone above 140 , and I have been watching.

      30 meters is only open into zl for a few hours 1300 utc onwards.

      I have seen a few zs stations  about -15    but never ever made a contact, stronger stations beat me to it.

      Don zl1atb